Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Final Post

alpappy

Just a short note..after still more rattles I have decided to cut my losses and sell the last of our 4 Lexus Is's. I have offered it back to the dealer and am waiting to see if they will buy it back else I will trade it come what may. best trade price IS25 se-l mm with hoshis 25 K!! Such a pity there is so much good in this car but it just is not up with best of luxury cars by quite a bit. I have NEVER spent so much time with new cars back and forward in the past year as with these cars..CArs are there to enjoy not to be stressing with dealerships etc.

When I find that lexus are sorted I would certainly buy another but who knows if are getting the message at all!!! I dont see any attempt at this as even the new build ( which mine was supposed to be) was only quiet for about 2 months.

This forum has been a great help

Take care

Alan

Sorry to hear your going alan, I can see where your coming from, while my car has been rattle free and economical (wow for a 220) a car should not give the kind of grielf that some people have experienced. that was ment to be finished in the 90's. best of luck with your new purchase. when i cahnge i will most likely stick with lexus as i have had a very good experience but may consider the RX400h funds permitting

Alan,

Sorry you have decided to quit but I really do believe your Dealer has failed you rather than the car as the rattles can & should be resolved relatively easily.

If necessary I would take mine miles to get sorted if my local Dealer could not resolve but,fortunately,"my

Technicians" are dedicated to maintaining excellence:why didn't they or you get GB technical involved

particularly as you had purchased a fleet of cars that deserves the very best of Aftersales Service!

Tel

sorry to hear about your problems mate, i too have had a few ratlles which were fixed apart from the one in the dash which still makes a loud cracking noise from time to time.

have you tried using a different dealership who may be more helpfull in resolving your problems.

i would also contact lexus GB

good luck

sorry to hear about your problems mate, i too have had a few ratlles which were fixed apart from the one in the dash which still makes a loud cracking noise from time to time.

have you tried using a different dealership who may be more helpfull in resolving your problems.

i would also contact lexus GB

good luck

Dealer has been quite decent they fix one rattle and a new crop appear! They are buying thr car back afer 4 months with a fair drop in value but much better than he trade i offers that I have had

alan

Alan,

Sorry you have decided to quit but I really do believe your Dealer has failed you rather than the car as the rattles can & should be resolved relatively easily.

If necessary I would take mine miles to get sorted if my local Dealer could not resolve but,fortunately,"my

Technicians" are dedicated to maintaining excellence:why didn't they or you get GB technical involved

particularly as you had purchased a fleet of cars that deserves the very best of Aftersales Service!

Tel

Tel which Lexus dealer do you recommend as I live in derby and there is a new dealer in town. Thought I might try it.

I can understand the frustration. I don't drive the car that often as it's really my wife's but i hear the sounds from the dash too (although mine is more of a buzzing sound than a crackling one).

My wife seem to not mind it at the moment so i think i might let it ride for now.

I truely agree and somewhat think that Lexus should have these minor problems dealt with during QA testings. To me it's still the most luxurious car dollar for dollar and i still recon i've made a good choice in buying it but yeh I'm abit disappointed also...

I highly recommend Derby:the Aftersales is superb as my Dealer Review will state when the Moderator has

approved my submission!

Faye is the Service Consultant & "Doctor" Graham is a TOP Technician who knows the Marque inside out :you will not be disappointed.

Tel :driving:

Sorry to hear that al. I have not been on here lately for various reasons, but have now got the dreaded rattle myself - 7k on the clock, bought last July, top spec 250sel, and amongst all the other lies, ignorance and crap stuff I have been fed by Lexus GB and my dealer, I was assured that there would be no rattles.

I did hope that the 06 cars would be rattle free, but there you go......

As relationships between me and lexus including the dealer are so poor, I dont even feel like bothering to tell them...*** knows what further aggro I would suffer if it goes in the workshop. Rattle is from the dash passenger side ...like a cable / rod or something knocking against something. gets worse day by day. I cant face the thought of the whole dash coming out, and the subsequent damage they would probably cause.

If I could take the depreciation hit, and terrible hassle I will get from the missus about "how much!!" etc, I would sell it tomorrow. I wish I had gone for the beemer . dissapointed doesnt begin to describe.

Lexus are no better at service than the rest - I havent been back to the dealer since I collected the car....just have no desire to have anything to do with the b*****ds.

Sorry to hear that al. I have not been on here lately for various reasons, but have now got the dreaded rattle myself - 7k on the clock, bought last July, top spec 250sel, and amongst all the other lies, ignorance and crap stuff I have been fed by Lexus GB and my dealer, I was assured that there would be no rattles.

As relationships between me and lexus including the dealer are so poor, I dont even feel like bothering to tell them...*** knows what further aggro I would suffer if it goes in the workshop. Rattle is from the dash passenger side ...like a cable / rod or something knocking against something. gets worse day by day. I cant face the thought of the whole dash coming out, and the subsequent damage they would probably cause.

If I could take the depreciation hit, and terrible hassle I will get from the missus about "how much!!" etc, I would sell it tomorrow. I wish I had gone for the beemer . dissapointed doesnt begin to describe.

Lexus are no better at service than the rest - I havent been back to the dealer since I collected the car....just have no desire to have anything to do with the b*****ds.

You lot are really cheering me up :crybaby: , my car has been...still is, rattle free but I dread driving it now in case THE RATTLE appears :o ...note to myself 'stop reading rattle posts' :whistling:

I was also told the same July plus 06 cars fully sorted ,The rattles I have are just as you describe I have given the dealer a few goes at it. As they fix one another starts. I stand to loose about 3k but the longer I keep it the worse it will get so cut the losses and move on. I have really wanted to keep at least one lexus but thats it now. Almost every loan car has rattles/ squeeks. I am just amazed that this cannot be sorted out!! Tested a VW and BMW both seem to have no rattles!

alan

Bmw,s and Vw reserve their rattles for the engines!!!sort the rattles out and you have a bulletproof car which is more than you can say for the german c..P

Yes nice in theory but on all three cars and countless dealer visits rattles are not sorted They either come back or new ones start up! Show me a dealer who can sort them and I would try.. My local dealer is very good but when fixed its just a matter of days before the rattles are back ..now its even a tick in the window ( b pillar area) ! Just give up

alan

Sometime the dealer can solve issue while other times they can't.

I say if you can live with it then live with it. I'd rather try my best and live with it and enjoy the car than constantly having to hasle myself by taken it back to the dealer. That and also i have a problem with trusting people with my pride and joy...

My Friend has just had a new Audi TT that she is really pleased with but her Hunk asked me to test drive the car as he thought he had heard a strange noise.Her Dealer said it was fine.

I duly took the TT on my Test Route which is c.10 miles of Urban Pave that has to be driven @ c.maximum

permitted speeds "to reveal foreign noises".

First Lap was c.5-10mph below Max & the TT was fine if less refined than my Supercar.However,Lap 2,@

the 30/40/50/70 speeds revealed a cacophony of Foreign Noises that would have triggered a few of our

members to abdicate to other Marques!

A further 2 Laps & 2hrs.later,using dense sponge,2 hand towels & an MT juice carton jammed in the dash the TT issues were resolved(a loose Rear seat catch was the loud metallic clang).

My friends were amazed @ my so called Real Test & how different the results are when the traffic density is different.

My car passes the Real Test in all temperatures BUT like Tango I am near paranoid & check it regularly if &

when there are issues on here.

A Boxter,A BM 330i & M3 that I have driven all failed & ,of-course,the Audi yesterday.My friends Arnage was not perfect & Fred was most impressed with my car when we drove over the same route enough to tell mutual friends days later that he may well buy his lover a Sc 430!

Many,many Owners bother not about foreign noises whilst others put them down to Sports Dampers etc. & the shocking state of the UK roads, whilst the few who do bother, can often become disillusioned about their Dealer &/or the Marque in the absence of the Real Test.

My car passes the Real Test in all temperatures BUT like Tango I am near paranoid & check it regularly if &

Near paranoid is a very apt description. I've never had a car so quiet before, as the Toyo's have even drastically reduced the tyre noise which is about all I can hear (apart from the JoeZ intake when I floor it :D ). I've mentioned before I turn off the ML system to enjoy the ambience...but after reading the rattle posts I just seem to be waiting for the apparently inevitable RATTLE :o ..so far so good...so far so good...so far so.

My Friend has just had a new Audi TT that she is really pleased with but her Hunk asked me to test drive the car as he thought he had heard a strange noise.Her Dealer said it was fine.

I duly took the TT on my Test Route which is c.10 miles of Urban Pave that has to be driven @ c.maximum

permitted speeds "to reveal foreign noises".

First Lap was c.5-10mph below Max & the TT was fine if less refined than my Supercar.However,Lap 2,@

the 30/40/50/70 speeds revealed a cacophony of Foreign Noises that would have triggered a few of our

members to abdicate to other Marques!

A further 2 Laps & 2hrs.later,using dense sponge,2 hand towels & an MT juice carton jammed in the dash the TT issues were resolved(a loose Rear seat catch was the loud metallic clang).

My friends were amazed @ my so called Real Test & how different the results are when the traffic density is different.

A Boxter,A BM 330i & M3 that I have driven all failed & ,of-course,the Audi yesterday.My friends Arnage was not perfect & Fred was most impressed with my car when we drove over the same route enough to tell mutual friends days later that he may well buy his lover a Sc 430!

Many,many Owners bother not about foreign noises whilst others put them down to Sports Dampers etc. & the shocking state of the UK roads, whilst the few who do bother, can often become disillusioned about their Dealer &/or the Marque in the absence of the Real Test.

Good point Tel ! I suspect The TT is in the new car phase much like we are . VW is not great for build quality whereas Lexus pride themselves on the standard of build quality We run a 4 year old E class ..no rattles since new If Merc can do...I am sure Lexus can. Lexus still have the best customer care bar none so I am sure that when they report to Japan this will get sorted.. i am only really annoyed that this new one was supposed to be an 07 all issues sorted and it is not.( switches are in th e06 positions)

alan

....supposed to be an 07 all issues sorted and it is not.( switches are in th e06 positions)

alan

Alan - that's the problem then - they sold you a left over '06 build on a '56 plate...and that's why it's no different to the other 3 cars you have on your fleet! If they stated to you on the order that it was an 07 Model Year (07MY), then this clearly isn't (at least I don't think it is).

Some '56's have new positioned switches and some don't. Did you have to wait long for the car to be delivered? I suspect not...they probably had it in stock...???

....supposed to be an 07 all issues sorted and it is not.( switches are in th e06 positions)

alan

Alan - that's the problem then - they sold you a left over '06 build on a '56 plate...and that's why it's no different to the other 3 cars you have on your fleet! If they stated to you on the order that it was an 07 Model Year (07MY), then this clearly isn't (at least I don't think it is).

Some '56's have new positioned switches and some don't. Did you have to wait long for the car to be delivered? I suspect not...they probably had it in stock...???

No in stock so its an o6 build thus the problems Build date late June! I suppose that explains why no better alan

Out of curiosity - how can you tell when the car was built? What do you look at?

Mine was a 'stock' car but is only 6 weeks old to me. Poor fuel economy at the moment (I actually got the current tank average up to 36 today) but no rattles. Like Tango I'm getting a bit paranoid waiting for them to start.

Out of curiosity - how can you tell when the car was built? What do you look at?

Mine was a 'stock' car but is only 6 weeks old to me. Poor fuel economy at the moment (I actually got the current tank average up to 36 today) but no rattles. Like Tango I'm getting a bit paranoid waiting for them to start.

The dealer can tell you but if the fuel filler switch is side by side and illuminated it is 07 spec

alan quite a number of 'old' 56 platers out there

The dealer can tell you but if the fuel filler switch is side by side and illuminated it is 07 spec

alan quite a number of 'old' 56 platers out there

The boot release and the fuel filler release are side by side (as opposed to one above the other as shown in the manual) but I don't think they are illuminated.

post-16530-1171565308.jpg