Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello From New Member. Some Advice?

IBishop

Just signed up to LOC as I have just bought an ex demo RX 350 SE-L at (what I think) is a tremendous price.

A real stunner and can hardly wait to take delivery (having plates transferred from current car).

I wondered if anyone had any views on car trackers and whether they are worth fitting. In my area there has just been an incident of "car jacking" of "luxury marque" but don't know how common this is. I see we are talking circa £400 + £120 pa subscription. Any thoughts?

Thanks

First of all. Welcome to LOC.

Nice choice of motor. Having the tracker fitted is always a plus point. Regarding prices there are a couple of guys on here who have trackers fitted and I am sure they will be along to advise.

Enjoy your car and LOC

Terry

B)-->

QUOTE(T7RY B @ Feb 11 2007, 09:08 AM)

First of all. Welcome to LOC.

Nice choice of motor. Having the tracker fitted is always a plus point. Regarding prices there are a couple of guys on here who have trackers fitted and I am sure they will be along to advise.

Enjoy your car and LOC

Terry

Which tracker is best? Tracker, Trackstar or mTrack?

Trackers all depend on where you live...

For me, a tracker wouldnt drop the insurance any, and in all honesty, your car is more likely to be stolen by "steal to order" professionals rather than joy-riders, in which case you have a short window from theft until its in a container when the tracker is useless...

way up the cost/saving benifits more - personally anti-hijacking type security is better value IMO