Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aw Ain't I Nice

Tony-Bones

Whilst walking the mut this morning i found a purse in the road.. It contains a few credit cards, quite a bit of cash and a drivers licence...... Shall i keep it :huh: shall i return it :innocent: ....

Canceling cards and losing the driving licence must be a real pain in the arse let alone all the cash so Miss Griffin it's lucky there are some honest morel people in our sometimes spiteful world.....

Note to self: When handing it back keep mentioning how "REWARDING IT IS" :lol:

Whilst walking the mut this morning i found a purse in the road.. It contains a few credit cards, quite a bit of cash and a drivers licence...... Shall i keep it :huh: shall i return it :innocent: ....

Canceling cards and losing the driving licence must be a real pain in the arse let alone all the cash so Miss Griffin it's lucky there are some honest morel people in our sometimes spiteful world.....

Note to self: When handing it back keep mentioning how "REWARDING IT IS" :lol:

Don't even pretend you thought about doing anything else....I remember how quickly a legit windfall went to charity.... :D

ya should keep it

teach her not to loose things :lol:

What are you like :shifty: .... Fact is with all the cards, driving licence how easy it would be to steal this persons identity!!!!! The £148. 37.5p "not that i counted :D " would be tempting enough for a lesser person to steal but the overall distress outweighs the gain in my book... Old school consciance :winky:

I found a purse once, had her name and phone no in.

Called it, lady lived local so came round to collect it in the eve.

When she arrived she had a big attitude problem, wasnt greatful at all, had to prompt her for a thank you.

Wish I had of kept it now

Well i knocked on the door, Dad answered, i asked if Miss Griffin lived at this address, he said "yes" ....."well i believe this belongs to her?" Immediately he called for his daughter, who was almost hysterical with relief and i suppose disbelief her purse was returned.... The Father immediately offered his hand and i walked away with the echo of "thank you" in the background.... A totally satisfying experience in my opinion, leaving me feeling proud and relived.......... For her. :D

Permission to "wobble head" :duh:

Well i knocked on the door, Dad answered, i asked if Miss Griffin lived at this address, he said "yes" ....."well i believe this belongs to her?" Immediately he called for his daughter, who was almost hysterical with relief and i suppose disbelief her purse was returned.... The Father immediately offered his hand and i walked away with the echo of "thank you" in the background.... A totally satisfying experience in my opinion, leaving me feeling proud and relived.......... For her. :D

good on you :)

Good for you, money cannot buy the feeling you had as you walked away. :D

Good for you, money cannot buy the feeling you had as you walked away. :D

Indeed.... It's nice to be nice, and the best part is it's free! It cost me nothing but time and i have a satisfied clear morale conscience. :D

There is no way she would of got that money if i had found it.

Burglar..... "boo hiss" :ph34r:

I once found a handbag on the cliff top in Bournemouth 1 bank holiday. Not much money in the purse a few M&S vouchers but no phone numbers. Drove to the police station only for the police man to empty all the contents of the handbag out and remark why so many glasses cases? On opening each one they had £1000 each! So just over £5000 in the handbag!

I then had to wait for an hour as they couldn't accept it at the desk they apparently needed an Inspector to sign for it.

2 Hours later the police called they couple that had lost the handbag had collected it and wanted to reward me.

£5 was my reward! Didn't seem worth the effort, but at least they were happy.

I found a mobile phone in the fairground next to a ride, it was an ok make, nothing special, i thought bout keepin it for a 'spare' but the good side of me got the better and i scrolled through the phone book to find 'home' called it and said i'd found the phone. She set a place to meet to hand it over....Horsely Hill, not the nicest of places...ie you drive in and out very quick and dont stop or you could have your wheels pinched!! So i met her at a bus stop, i pulled up in the Lexus and she was stood by herself, which was good, 2mins later a few lads emerged from around the shops :unsure:, she handed over a fiver which i said thankyou and jumped back in the car as quick as i could. Honesty does pay.....in small amounts but nevermind, i was just glad i was out alive n with my car :lol:

thats all fair play ....

but was she fit...

Naaah. Her face looked like a "Bulldog chewing a wasp" so i only risked one eye when looking at her :o A little overweight... Apparently at school she sat next to everyone in class at the same time :lol: ..... Sadly though she cannot sunbath on the beach because "Green-peace" keep pulling her back into the water....... :D

In truth she was very nice but more important appreciated the honesty.

i'm assuming you are not on a wind-up here. Your statement "live by the sword, die by the sword" - makes it ok to be a thief does it, if you find a wallet or purse, then it obviously belongs to someone, to steal the contents makes you a thief and a criminal. What a sad sad world we live in when people think this is an OK thing to do....

Nice to know their are still some honest people around ,i think you did the right thing .i did some work months back for a big charity which involved standing by my van collecting bags of clothes .we collected 300 bags in the back of my sprinter and right at the end some bloke told us that he had lost his wallet and thought it could be in one of the bags .we emptied the whole van,took about an hour and opened every bag ,found his wallet in almost the last bag (sods law) .he then emptied the contents of his wallet into the charities collection box must have been about £50 and was over the moon to have his wallet back .i would always hand a wallet or purse in because it was never mine to keep.

Peeps this thread was intended to be a happy story, not a display for Human morality. Each and everyone of us owns the right to decide how to address this example and in truth we are all right and all wrong! I decided to hand the purse back this was my reward... Others may decide to keep it, that's their reward.... It's just a matter of perspective. Guess what?.... That's what makes us Human :winky: