Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

One Picture To Rule Them All...

Well done Jamie, it's a good feeling holding the keys to a lexus in your hands ain't it? :winky:

Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine now. And you got a real nice colour, they do look good in dark metallic blue(any of the shades), just means you have to wash it a bit more, but hey you own a lexus so get the Butler to do it :lol: !!!!!!!!

Regards Pumatron. :D

get the £35 special in black from the Stealership

When you say special do you just mean the grille in astral black, or is it an unpainted grille?

get it painted your shade of blue

Is it a general thing to get them sprayed at Lexus garages or an independent one after getting a colour match with the car?

Thanks,

Jamie

They were on special offer, and I think still are for £35 ready painted. Problem is they're not available in all colours so I chose Black as a base for spraying. Was going to do it myself but as my rear sill needed a couple of deep scratches sorted, a local bodyshop did a very good job at a good price including the grill surround which I supplied boxed (having first removed the mesh).

Just ordered mine in Royal sapphire Blue, the accessory listings for my car which the parts guy showed me only listed this blue on his sheet, but don't know if it differs for later cars? How different are these two blues because to look at in photo's you would think it was the same colour!!!! :ohmy:

Just ordered mine in Royal sapphire Blue, the accessory listings for my car which the parts guy showed me only listed this blue on his sheet, but don't know if it differs for later cars? How different are these two blues because to look at in photo's you would think it was the same colour!!!! :ohmy:

Did the dealer not confirm what colour your car was before ordering? There were 3 blues in the mk1 ISs life:

Royal Sapphire: 99-01

Strathcaron: 01-04

Montrose: 04 onwards

Royal Sapphire and Strathcaron look quite similar on separate cars, but put them both on the same car and there will be a noticeable difference!