Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gutted..............

CIJ

:tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: Just managed a 180degree spin when turning a corner, a corner that i turn many times a day, done nothing different, and i managed to plant the rear end into another car :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: well the passenger rear door in my case, also managed to bend the back wheel inwards slightly, takin out his front wing and light. Thankfully it hasnt managed to touch the sills on my car. I did however scrape the rear quarter when pullin my car off his, im in a way f&^kin gutted!!!!!!!

My car is in the garage gettin its back end sorted out, ive managed to source a rear door already in the Plat Ice for £60, his parts and labour however im still waiting on the price!! Ive got myself the price of the parts and if i go to Ford its gonna cost £180 or if i go to a place called Autopannels £90 then just the need of labour ontop of that, i just hope i aint gonna get screwed royaley!!!

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

sorry to hear that mate, What made you spin like that; Oil?

All i can say is shop around, take a pic on the phone and take to all the local body repair shops to get a rough idea. That way you can negotiate with the guy once you get your price..

Hope you get back on the road quick.

Not going thro insurance companies, just picked mine up from the garage after its had its tracking done, and it drives spot on again few!!! Just the nasty big dent in the side of the door now....i have managed to sorce a rear door in platimum ice so im just gonna replace like for like!! SHould be picking that up 2moro, as for his costs im still waiting.....like i said ive priced up the parts for his car, so mmmmm we'll see!!!

The cost to repair his car has come through, at a massive £430, im shocked at that amount as i would have valued the repairs at around £250 but nevermind. So as im not going through the insurance company im wanting to write a recipt to make sure he cant come back at me in the future for any money.

Does anyone know what i could write, i have come up with.........

This is to comfirm that I

Chris Jeffrey

Address

have paid £430 (Four Hundred and Thirty Pounds) To

His Name (Printed and Signed)

Address

for the repair of a Ford Focus Reg: NA02......,

Does anyone else with legal background have any better suggestions??

Cheers and Very Much appriciated!!!

Sorry about the accident - probably a diesel spill! but it should be him giving you a reciept...get him to right the relavent words, or don't pay him (pref in his own writing)! Something like "...accepted £430 as full and final settlement..."

But hey - you need real legal advice and I ain't qualified.

I need it by 2moro morning by 10am!!!! Unfortunatly im not dealing with the lads whos car it is, im now dealing with his father!! And he's demanding that we either go to this person's garage that he knows and pay up or go through the insurance!!

Sorry to hear that mate - know the feeling!

Have to say I'm not at all surprised to hear that the cost to his is £430 - a front wing (painted) would be something like £300, plus of course the light.

Why are you not going through insurance? Sure your premium will go up, but probably not by as much as you think. Run a couple of quotes through something like confused.com - one with an accident and a year's less no claims bonus, and one without an accident, and see - the increase may be much less than your total bill and will leave you off the hook in case of future trouble.

Mike

Sorry to hear this Chris, but I honestly think it would be cheaper to go through your insurance and get both cars done, plus you never know, he might have a stiff neck tomorrow.

You also have to let your insurance company know about the accident anyway

And he's demanding that we either go to this person's garage that he knows and pay up or go through the insurance!!

If I were you I would tell him to stuff it, you take the car to his mates garage and pay cash. They fix the car and what happens to the cash. Bit of a carve up between the garage and him I would say as it won't go through the books. Stinks of rip off to me.

Like others have said go through the insurance, that's what you pay the premium for. Oh and if your insurance find out you have not disclosed a material fact you are in trouble.

Oh and sorry to hear about the bump.

There was no one in the car, so he cant claim that as it was parked up!! I know im gettin ripped off cos i used to help out in a body shop!! I cant be arsed to go thro the insurance cos my no claims aint protected and i only have 3 at the min my 4th comin up in July!!

Sorry to hear of you woes. hope you get it all sorted soon and get it looking like new again ASAP. :)

I would go for the insurance option, stinks with getting his 'mate' to sort it, sounds like 100% rip off to me.

If you go for insurance option your pretty sure he won't be able to fiddle it?

There was no one in the car, so he cant claim that as it was parked up!! I know im gettin ripped off cos i used to help out in a body shop!! I cant be arsed to go thro the insurance cos my no claims aint protected and i only have 3 at the min my 4th comin up in July!!

Yeah but to be fair if the boot was on the other foot wouldn't we all want our car repaired at a garage of our choice? If I was the innocent party in an accident like this I would not be happy if the at fault party was trying to dictate where I got my car fixed. £430 sounds about right (my missus works for a body shop).

Well he's coming to collect the money now, well not the lads car who it is his father is coming! As for the garage he's gettin it done at its a dodgy place!! I priced the Wing up and the light and its only cheap, to paint a wing and touch up a door dont cost £340!! Im sure theres gonna be back handers here but hey i'll pay this money and forget bout it!!

Think £340 is bargain. For a wing, the light and paint PLUS labour....think thats very reasonable.

No mate, he's taken £430 from me, i calculated that labour was gonna be £340!!! For a days worth of work!

Sorry to here of this mate but at least it's out the way now and you can move on

Think £340 is bargain. For a wing, the light and paint PLUS labour....think thats very reasonable.

No mate, he's taken £430 from me, i calculated that labour was gonna be £340!!! For a days worth of work!

Arrrgghhhh...with you. Hmmm..yeah, £430 does seem alot. As you say, no doubt some back handers being exchanged.