Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fao Lowered Aristo's

skeet94

Hello everybody,

I'm eyeing up a set of HKS Hipermax RS for my Aristo - been getting feedback from someone who's had it for a month on their GS400 and finds it VERY soft, has improved handling substantially (considering he's coming from a S2000, lowered and braced). With just the coilovers he's finding them to be excellent, considering weight, etc.

Now I'm just wondering does the Aristo have any issues with a drop of say 1.5" in the rear and 2" in the front with regards to camber? I'm assuming it's more adjustable due to having slightly different suspension components compared to the GS.

Anybody have any "insight"?

TIA,

Mitul.

I do..............

Mines got TEIN flex fitted and has noticeable camber (negative) has worn the tyres (old 18"s) bald on inside edge after 2000 miles :blink:

Getting my alignment and corner weighting done next week with the 19's :D

I'd think twice on the choice of coilovers. Guy on here had them on his IS200 (low miles) and both front springs and spring mountings broke withinn 2 years.............

Also heard from another trade source that there are quality issues with them.

So if you get it lowered then yes watch the camber !

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the comments...let me know if your alignment/camber can be brought to within specifications again. I take it you didn't have the car aligned/corner weighted after the lowering? Or did you? (just wondering)

2000 miles is VERY low - can't afford £600-800 in tyres every 2000 miles :ohmy:

Reason I'm not looking to go with Tein's is they're "not consistant" on a Dyno shock...may be due to them not being a monotube design - have only read reviews on supraforums and clublexus about the HKS and they all had nothing but good things to say about them. IIRC Jaytonoya (guy in Malaysia with the V300) had the HKS and he had nothing but good things to say either...will definitely reconsider and do more research though.

Thanks Dave - really appreciate it :).

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the comments...let me know if your alignment/camber can be brought to within specifications again. I take it you didn't have the car aligned/corner weighted after the lowering? Or did you? (just wondering)

2000 miles is VERY low - can't afford £600-800 in tyres every 2000 miles :ohmy:

Reason I'm not looking to go with Tein's is they're "not consistant" on a Dyno shock...may be due to them not being a monotube design - have only read reviews on supraforums and clublexus about the HKS and they all had nothing but good things to say about them. IIRC Jaytonoya (guy in Malaysia with the V300) had the HKS and he had nothing but good things to say either...will definitely reconsider and do more research though.

Thanks Dave - really appreciate it :).

will keep ypu posted on settings etc when done.

on the HKS story re quality.............was a dealer :winky:

Cool - I'll start looking elsewhere for coilovers! lol ... thanks Dave - really appreciate it :).

Let me know how you do with the settings, etc :).

Thanks and BR,

Mitul.

no worries...

will let you have settings when done (and ride height) after a few miles to make sure all is OK

I run Tein Flex and previously ran Eibach lowering springs.

You need to setup camber/caster anyway, after you fit ANY suspension. It needs it's entire geometry checked out.

I never get uneven tyre wear as I get regular camber/caster setups (80 quid typically).

Hey Yoshi,

Long time no see on the boards! Hope you're doing well.

Thanks for that but I was just wondering if the car had the typical problems a standard UK spec GS would have, with there not being enough camber adjustment to account for lowering the car?

What kind of a drop do you have Yoshi? What would your current settings be for camber, etc?

• 1 month later...

Thanks - appreciate it! What kind of drop? What are the results of your weight balancing if you don't mind me asking?

The camber adjustments, etc are REALLY appreciated! Was always curious about this on the Aristo!

Thanks Dave.

• 1 month later...