Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Se Versus Se-l

Hi all,

My first post so please be gentle!! :)

I am considering buying an IS250 and am not sure about whether to go for the SE version or the SE-L (both with automatic transmission). A friend of mine has a 2006 SE-L which I like a lot however I was wondering what the difference in specification is between the SE and the SE-L (without the MultiMedia package).

For example, are the following 'goodies' part of the standard spec on an SE:-

Auto-lights

Electrically folding wing mirrors

On-board computer (MPG; average speed indication, etc)

Audio controls on the steering wheel

Electric seat adjustment

17" wheels

Keyless entry and start

If the majority of these are indeed standard on an SE then I think I'll choose this over an SE-L and save a bit of money.

Would appreciate anyone's help on this. Thanks very much.

Andy

B)-->

QUOTE(Andy B @ Feb 13 2007, 01:38 AM)

Hi all,

I am considering buying an IS250 and am not sure about whether to go for the SE version or the SE-L (both with automatic transmission). A friend of mine has a 2006 SE-L which I like a lot however I was wondering what the difference in specification is between the SE and the SE-L (without the MultiMedia package).

Auto-lights

Electric seat adjustment

17" wheels

Keyless entry and start

If the majority of these are indeed standard on an SE then I think I'll choose this over an SE-L and save a bit of money.

Andy

All those things are indeed standard on the SE, as is full leather interior with heated/cooled seats.

Drive the SE-L and benefit from a few other nice toys like memory function for the seats, auto wipers, HID lights, auto dimming mirrors, parking sensors, illuminated scuff plates, wood trim, power rear sunshade and a lighter wallet.

B)-->

Hi all,

Auto-lights

Electric seat adjustment

17" wheels

Keyless entry and start

Andy

Andy if you have the extra cash go for the Se-l you will not regret it you get the following extra above the Se

model

1) Automatic Headlights (Come on when it starts to get Dark)

2) Automatic Wipers (Come on When it detects Rain)

3) Electric memory seats with settings for Steering and door mirrors(No electric steering Column on SE)

4) Illuminated scuff plates (front) Light up the Lexus badge (nice touch at night)

5) Electric rear sun Blind (which when up comes down when you select reverse and goes back up when you start going forward again.

6)Xeon HID headlamps with I-AFS which turn with the wheels (Excellent at night)

7)Electro-chromatic interior/exterior mirrors (Darken when it detects bright lights from car behind)

8)Wood trim Around the window switches and gear stick

The Keyless entry/start button and folding door mirrors are standard on both models so is the on board MPG computer and leather seats

It's up to you but i have had the Se-l 220D for 2wks now and love it

Go One extra and get the ML Multi media (sound is amazing and is worth every penny)

Hope this helps happy driving

Leddy :D

automatic headlights are standard on all is models

I suspect you were referring to an early comment that the SE-L has automatic lights and the SE doesn't, but just in case I should clarify what I said:

The HID I-AFS headlights on the SE-L are a big enough improvement for me.

Thanks everyone - that's answered my questions.

I now need to decide whether going for the SE-L (and also possibly opting for the MultiMedia Package) is worth the extra bucks. Not sure if I can justify the extra cost of the SE-L simply to get a few extra luxuries. Seems like the SE is pretty well specced itself. Hmmm......decisions, decisions!

Anyway thanks again for all your help.

Andy.

I've driven a few without MM and they felt like something essential was missing.

For the price of MM you get one hell of a lot.

If you had to make a choice between SE with MM or SE-L I'd say take the SE with MM.

I really like the extras of the SE-L, but the MM gives you a lot more tangible functionality.

B)-->

Auto-lights

Electric seat adjustment

17" wheels

Keyless entry and start

With the exceptions of the Electric Seat Adjustments and the 17" Wheels, all the other items are standard on all current Lexus IS models.

If you're going for a new one, go SE, if you're looking for used, go for a SE-L as they really don't seem to hold on to much of the extra cost in terms of retained value.

And realistically, the headlights on the SE are fine if you've not had HID/Xenon's previously, memory seats only really usefull if you have lots of drivers. The scuff plates etc are all just gimmicks to justify the price, and the only really useful feature are the integrated parking sensors, wood which makes it much more appealing than the shiny plaggy trim, though I'm still not sure about those auto wipers....

Auto-lights

Electric seat adjustment

17" wheels

Keyless entry and start

With the exceptions of the Electric Seat Adjustments and the 17" Wheels, all the other items are standard on all current Lexus IS models.

Anyone know how to put up an XL speadsheet in the forum?

Anyone know how to put up an XL speadsheet in the forum?

The long way round:

Cut and paste the cells into PowerPoint as a picture

Then right click and save it as a jpeg/gif/bmp (take yer pick)

Then upload it as a picture (i.s. using imageshack, Photobucket etc) into the 'blog. Worked for me...

The short way round -

I don't think there is one :tomato: