Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 40k / 4 Year Service

eddiea1

its that time of year again, time to get some quotes for the 40k/ 4 year service for my IS300. How much will this one end up costing me and what needs to be done at this one? anything major at all?

i think I might have to change my brake pads as well, should I let the Lexus dealer do this or go to a quick fit type place and save a few quids? any advice welcome

cheers

its that time of year again, time to get some quotes for the 40k/ 4 year service for my IS300. How much will this one end up costing me and what needs to be done at this one? anything major at all?

i think I might have to change my brake pads as well, should I let the Lexus dealer do this or go to a quick fit type place and save a few quids? any advice welcome

cheers

Lexus Hanley quotes the following price for IS200 and IS300

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=30702

If your nearest dealer quotes something way above the listed price, just tell them that you got a quote elsewhere. I got originally quoted £415 from 1 of the dealers near me, and after I said the price Lexus Hanley was doing, they lowered it to £300!

Just had my Is300 serviced. New front tyres wearing on the inside as we all know! Leak from gearbox which had to be re sealed rear shocks slight leek because i love the car had them replaced also had geomantry checked (£75 !!!) all in all £1350!!!! serviced by a Lexus Dealer!!. Same dealer 6 months ago told me the tyres were wearing because of possible buckled wheels???? Have known since looking at the Lexus club all the problems with the geo.

:tsktsk:

thanks for the info, good to know others experiences. I will try to get as low a quote as poss and hope not too much needs to be done. As far as geometry is concerned Tony at Wheelsinmotion looks after my IS300 and he does a sterling job on that - if any of you need geometry from someone who knows better than the Lexus dealers I would get down to him.

http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/

thanks for the info, good to know others experiences. I will try to get as low a quote as poss and hope not too much needs to be done. As far as geometry is concerned Tony at Wheelsinmotion looks after my IS300 and he does a sterling job on that - if any of you need geometry from someone who knows better than the Lexus dealers I would get down to him.

Does anyone know if the inner tyre wear is a MOT failure or not? Or if the dealer spotted it are you allowed to drive off and have the tyre replaced elsewhere (in case if they are under any legal obligation to have you fix it before leaving)?

How much is a full geometry check and adjustment at STS Stapleton with wheelsinmotion? Do you have to book in advance or just show up?

Does anyone know if the inner tyre wear is a MOT failure or not? Or if the dealer spotted it are you allowed to drive off and have the tyre replaced elsewhere (in case if they are under any legal obligation to have you fix it before leaving)?

How much is a full geometry check and adjustment at STS Stapleton with wheelsinmotion? Do you have to book in advance or just show up?

You need to book in advance, I will PM you the details so you can get all the info you need