Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anti Theft Detterent Going Off!

Ok yesterday I had the bumper on my Is200 replaced and It looks perfect in fact im more than happy with the work Jemca done it was just excellent. I have just got home and locked the car PROBLEM before i got to the front door the horn is sounding and the indicaters flashing I press the unlock button on the remote and before i could get back to the car it's going off again THIS TIME I STOOD NEXT TO THE CAR LOOKING AT THE little red light and locked the car I noticed that the light is not flashing it's constant and without fail the alarm went off again. Now what do I do any ideas ?????????????????? the BLOODY THING WONT STOP

HELP LOC

Please.............................

Which bumper was replaced as a matter of interest?

If it was the rear one it sounds like either they didn't shut the boot properly or maybe the fitment isn't quite right and is stopping it shutting properly?

If it was the front it just sounds like either you didn't shut the boot properly before you gave it to them or for whatever reason they opened it and just didn't close it properly?

Probably worth keeping an eye on it just in case the sensors are on their way out?

it was the rear bumper... but i havent opened it and had the car parked outside work all afternoon? it only started playing up when i got home and locked it.... but saying that (touch wood) it has not gone off sinse i opened and shut the boot that was about three hours ago...

thanks for your help by the way..

• 2 weeks later...
Ok yesterday I had the bumper on my Is200 replaced and It looks perfect in fact im more than happy with the work Jemca done it was just excellent. I have just got home and locked the car PROBLEM before i got to the front door the horn is sounding and the indicaters flashing I press the unlock button on the remote and before i could get back to the car it's going off again THIS TIME I STOOD NEXT TO THE CAR LOOKING AT THE little red light and locked the car I noticed that the light is not flashing it's constant and without fail the alarm went off again. Now what do I do any ideas ?????????????????? the BLOODY THING WONT STOP

HELP LOC

Please.............................

Hey there I'm having the same problem, my alarm keeps going off and it all started when a freind was looking at the ehadunit.

He removed it and put it back only because the headunit was broke and i was thinking of getting anew one till Lexus told me the price.

Lexus said they had fixed the problem saying the alarm needed resetting fair enough it worked for a massive two days then bang back again the alarm keeps going off.

I have now installed a after market head unit where the guy from carsounds had to snip the wirining harness to the headunit and re wire the speakers this is without adding the ISO cable which i later found out that the ISO cable from a MR2 fits so there would of been no need to snip the cables.

Lexus are now saying that the harness is cut and the fibre optic cables that go to the headunit also work the alarm system + other things.

Can anyone help in how i can stop this damn alarm going off but saying that it may go off continuos when i lock it for about 3wks then for a couple of days it wont go off at all.

Pickles99

TOUCH WOOD mine hasnt gone off since that day I just dont know what caused it im just glad it stopped as it was a real nightmare!! I can relate to your problem..... thankfully there are loads of guys on here who can help this has got to be the most helpfull and freindly site ive ever been on!

Good luck

Im sure someone will be along to help us Lexus owners stick together

Jason.