Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Almost Finished

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deeper as in much bassier, sounded nice, you could tell it was aftermarket, it just isn't loud like some of the exhausts you get nowadays, although in fairness I think every exhaust I've ever heard for the IS has sounded impressive - the one that always sticks in my mind was the Apexi N1 that was on Neil's (Fever) car at Gaydon years ago, that was the first time i'd heard a modified IS boot it :D

Some more pictures for Dave....

SNC10441.jpg

This is the Katana manifold that was bolted on yesterday. Dave chose not to have it heat wrapped in the end.

SNC10467.jpg

Here we have all 3 of Dave's coolers. The intercooler is loosley mounted at this point as brackets have had to be made as it couldn't sit as high as intended due to the oil pipes for the other two coolers.

That's awesome, the manifold looks lovely :)

Just thinking though, are you going to have to cut much of the bumper away to get it to fit with that FMIC?

Then that's another thought - what front bumper is being fitted? Looking at the pics I'm guessing it's going to be a sleeper? I think that's ace!

I'm guessing it will have to sit a little higher to get the left hand intercooler port to line up to the pipe work better?

I think one is his oil cooler and the other is transmission cooler as its an auto??

Dave are you fitting 60mm pipework for the intercooler or keeping the 50mm? TTE one?

Hi Adie , im not shure about the pipework , i will have to speak to shaun or mark about it (another upgrade) and your right about the small coolers .

Just thinking though, are you going to have to cut much of the bumper away to get it to fit with that FMIC?

I don't think it is necessary even with the standard bumper, it sits as the TTE one on mine, it is just higher and goes behind the crash bar.

I think one is his oil cooler and the other is transmission cooler as its an auto??

Dave are you fitting 60mm pipework for the intercooler or keeping the 50mm? TTE one?

Yes, thats correct. The cooler on the left is for the transmission and the one on the right is for engine oil.

Dave is going to be keeping his 50mm TTE pipe work.

That's awesome, the manifold looks lovely :)

Then that's another thought - what front bumper is being fitted? Looking at the pics I'm guessing it's going to be a sleeper? I think that's ace!

I'm guessing it will have to sit a little higher to get the left hand intercooler port to line up to the pipe work better?

Dave has the standard Lexus front bumper and so far as we can tell, we dont have to cut anything away from the inside edges to get it to fit properly. The position you see in the above photo is pretty much the final location. The intercooler pipes look out of line because they are loose and not positioned yet.

The coolers, pipe work and engine bay should hopefully be finished today. I'll post some more pictures as soon as everythings bolted up and finished.

A few more pictures.

We had to heat wrap a few of the heater hoses just to be safe - we know that the Katana manifold can give off alot of heat. Better safe than sorry...

SNC10445.jpg

After deciding the final location for daves intercooler, it was apparent that it couldn't go where is was designed to (due to the extra oil lines for the other two coolers) so we had to adapted and overcome with some custom made brackets. This one was skillfully added to the top of the intercooler itself.

SNC10469.jpg

The transmission cooler had to be moved up slightly to avoid having to alter and cut the bottom of Dave's bumper, thus exposing the bottom edge of the Katana intercooler. Heres one of the new brackets for that.

SNC10471.jpg

Here are all 3 coolers, now mounted in their final positions. Located in such a way, that we have had to make no adjustments or alterations to the bumper.

SNC10472.jpg

Shaun

how does the location of the three coolers affect the radiators functionability

do you expect to see higher water temperatures

the heat wrap looks unusual, cant say i have seen it like that before,

how does the location of the three coolers affect the radiators functionability

do you expect to see higher water temperatures

Hi Bazza , mark or shaun can answer you better than me about the temps , but i was thinking of investigating some sort of special coolant that would help keep the temp down (what they use in f1)

It looks like a solid wall of coolage :D Quite impressive I must add. A mobile mincer if you catch any animals when scooting along in that beast :)

I'm curious as to what Bazza had to say about the functionality of the stock radiator, due to so much coverage with the aftermarket coolers.

Great work though,

Jamie

We'e done this kind of cooling solution before. We've found that the overall difference to the radiator temp is either slight or none at all.

I'll take some more pictures of the whole front end soon.

It's what we refer to as 'donkey *****' :D

Its a special heat proof tubing that simply slides over the required section. Extremely effective and much quicker and easier to use.

It looks like a solid wall of coolage :D Quite impressive I must add. A mobile mincer if you catch any animals when scooting along in that beast :)

I'm curious as to what Bazza had to say about the functionality of the stock radiator, due to so much coverage with the aftermarket coolers.

Great work though,

Jamie

As Mark has said, you shouldn't see much change in temp :) the 1st standard rad you see is the air/con rad, then the engine/cooling rad behind that :D