Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Almost Finished

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Tomorrow my new upgraded auto transmission will be installed , another 1st for TDI and my car , well done lads , :D

What they doing to the auto box Dave ???

A little bit of magic :winky: , have you ever seen inside an auto box , there right trick like how they work

This is gonna be spot on when finished mate cant wait to see it :D

Thanks for the complement mate , my plans for the car are always evolving , so it will never be finished , its like a hobby , :D

• 3 weeks later...

Went round to Daves today to have a look at this car, and i must say it is very tidy.

The car looks so standard !

Went for a spin in the car too, it does go very well, and sounds great too !

Think i will have to start saving my pennies :)

• 2 months later...
:D Tomorrow my new upgraded auto transmission will be installed , another 1st for TDI and my car , well done lads , :D

How is the new upgraded auto transmission holding up Dave :question:

I can answer that for you Gord (if Dave doesn't mind).

I would say that it's holding up a lot better than a standard transmission (which only lasted a few days after the stage 2 upgrade was installed) but it's not a long term solution. The torque from the stage 2 upgrade is on the edge of what the uprated transmission is capable of handling.

We are investigating a proper long term auto solution, and changing to a 6MT.

How is the new upgraded auto transmission holding up Dave :question:

I can answer that for you Gord (if Dave doesn't mind).

I would say that it's holding up a lot better than a standard transmission (which only lasted a few days after the stage 2 upgrade was installed) but it's not a long term solution. The torque from the stage 2 upgrade is on the edge of what the uprated transmission is capable of handling.

We are investigating a proper long term auto solution, and changing to a 6MT.

Thank you for that Mark :D

You know what its like when you here storys, so i thought i would be better asking.

Yes i would say 6MT better to.

Just a small update , i've changed all the pads from green stuff to mintex and the braking has improved a bit , also had four new eagle f1's put on , also was at TDI last week for the fitting of the rear adjustable control arms and a geo set up on the John Bean Arago machine, when going at a very high speed on a sweeping curved road the car felt very "planted" and kept a much better line , when befor it wanted to push to the side and take me wide . It feels shure footed like its on rails , even at slow speeds i can feel the benefit , a very good improvement on the handling , a "must have" for anyone with a lowerd car .

• 2 months later...

Congratulations Dave.

Will you be posting the dyno chart up for us sad people who like to see that sort of thing ?

Interested in comparing it to Adrians (turbo vs S/C) with similair BHP levels

Indeed ;)

Congrats Dave :D

Just a small update , my car was an auto and now its a 6MT , it had a TTE supercharger and now it has a ROTREX two stage supercharger , see it here , http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/ind...?showtopic=2170 :D :D :D

Hi Dave, do you know exactly what is meant by " two stage supercharger " ??? is it the SC with the small auto gearbox??

Just a small update , my car was an auto and now its a 6MT , it had a TTE supercharger and now it has a ROTREX two stage supercharger , see it here , http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/ind...?showtopic=2170 :D :D :D

Hi there, that sounds good.......well done :) can i ask what Box you went with, is it a IS200 box or did you go with the supra 6 speed box ?? all so it would be nice to know how much more this is puting out over the TTE setup..........not for me but for all the guys on here that have TTE setups.......im a Turbo guy myself :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ive missed all this!What happened mate?were you not happy with the power obtainable from the TTE kit?Or did something fail on the TTE kit and in turn make you go for the rotrex?im just amazed youve changed the setup so drastically in so little time!

Hello everybody , its been very interesting reading the posts on my car , thankyou to all the nice posts people , i picked my car up from TDI about 5pm yesterday , by about 8pm i'd scared myself silly and nearly sh*t my pants , lol , it feels very strange to drive my car with the manual gearbox instead of the auto that i'm used to , i have'nt stalled her yet as she revs very easy , it will take me some time to master the power and the gearbox and clutch thingy but i'm shure i will have some fun doing it , i took her for an MOT this morning , it was funny watching the look on the blokes face as he took ages to do the exhaust gases , she passed , i took a couple of mates for a ride in her today and it was smiles all round , the lads at TDI have been BRILLIANT at developing this project for me , it has been a very enjoyable experience being involved and informed all the way along , a very big THANKYOU to all the lads who all worked on my car , and a special thankyou for Wayne and Sam , and thank you Mark for making it happen , you lot are very very good at your jobs and so nice to talk to , i said to you 100 bhp on top of the TTE setup would be nice , and would have been happy with a bit less , but you have given me more than 100 bhp with the ROTREX and there is still more easily available if need be , i'm having alot of fun in 3rd 4th and 5th gears , the low down torque is unbeliveble , the speed is breathtaking , the noise is out of this world , a brake upgrade is on the cards next :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hello everybody , its been very interesting reading the posts on my car , thankyou to all the nice posts people , i picked my car up from TDI about 5pm yesterday , by about 8pm i'd scared myself silly and nearly sh*t my pants , lol , it feels very strange to drive my car with the manual gearbox instead of the auto that i'm used to , i have'nt stalled her yet as she revs very easy , it will take me some time to master the power and the gearbox and clutch thingy but i'm shure i will have some fun doing it , i took her for an MOT this morning , it was funny watching the look on the blokes face as he took ages to do the exhaust gases , she passed , i took a couple of mates for a ride in her today and it was smiles all round , the lads at TDI have been BRILLIANT at developing this project for me , it has been a very enjoyable experience being involved and informed all the way along , a very big THANKYOU to all the lads who all worked on my car , and a special thankyou for Wayne and Sam , and thank you Mark for making it happen , you lot are very very good at your jobs and so nice to talk to , i said to you 100 bhp on top of the TTE setup would be nice , and would have been happy with a bit less , but you have given me more than 100 bhp with the ROTREX and there is still more easily available if need be , i'm having alot of fun in 3rd 4th and 5th gears , the low down torque is unbeliveble , the speed is breathtaking , the noise is out of this world , a brake upgrade is on the cards next :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sound like you have one hell of a car there mate :D , so whats she puting out at the fly..... :whistling: i see you say there is more easily avaible if need be.....i take it you had it on a dyno so whats the BHP then 330 give or take 10/20 as for more power dont think you would get much more then 400/430 out the IS 6 pot and keep it as a day to day car!

all so what gearbox did you go for....?