Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Almost Finished

Well Dave, i'm sure theres people on here that would say "i told you so" about TDi but i am just extremely happy for you to finally get the car and power you've been craving.

Had TDi not given you a Dyno figure before or something? or a handwritten one lol. Strange though the symptoms seen a lot like Cho's car as well!

Are them figures at the wheel i assume? either way VERY impressive and so is that torque figure.

Anyway Dave, whats the next plan? still the bodywork plans you had at JAE?

You got some pics of your new induction kit?

Stav

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Dave, i'm sure theres people on here that would say "i told you so" about TDi but i am just extremely happy for you to finally get the car and power you've been craving.

Had TDi not given you a Dyno figure before or something? or a handwritten one lol

Are them figures at the wheel i assume? either way VERY impressive and so is that torque figure.

Anyway Dave, whats the next plan? still the bodywork plans you had at JAE?

You got some pics of your new induction kit?

Stav

Thanks Stav , i'm not good with pictures but i will try because she looks so different now , all figures are fly . will also try and post the dyno sheet but dont hold your breath , the videos should be up soon :D

I shall try and keep this as short as possible , my cars MOT run out a couple of weeks ago so i took her to the same garage that i always use for MOT'S and she failed on emissions , i feel like i'm up the creak without a paddle , what do i do ?, well most of the work of installing the new supercharger at TDI was carried out by wayne , Wayne and Phil who used to work at TDI have left to set up there own garage called SPC Horsham , so because i know how good there work is i gave them a ring , a few days later the car was booked in for a MOT , befor any work was done she was put on the dyno , she has always ran rich , lots of smoke comming from the exhaust when accelerating , and only 220 miles per tank of fuel , i could not belive my eyes when she only made 278.1 HP at the flywheel , gutted dont even come close :tsktsk: , any way it needed to be looked at , so i left my baby with them , befor i picked her up she was sucking in air like it was going out of fashion and in doing so managed to IMPLODE the tte airbox , so Wayne made up a custom induction system with Apexi air filter , nice , back on the rollers Ike Flack was working his magic , very nice , i picked my car up a few days ago and its like a different car , gone is the harsh tickover , gone is the smoke , she is so smooth now , even the gear change is nicer , and she is a lot quieter now , and she passed her MOT :D , and this is the best bit , both befor and after dyno runs are on video and will be on the web very soon , :D , i am now the proud owner of 364.5 HP and 318.3 ft/lb torque , and will NEVER EVER go back to TDI . Thankyou Phil , Wayne , Ike , Dave , at SPC Horsham , :D

Wow. TDI are going out of fashion very quick.

Impressive numbers too :)

I shall try and keep this as short as possible , my cars MOT run out a couple of weeks ago so i took her to the same garage that i always use for MOT'S and she failed on emissions , i feel like i'm up the creak without a paddle , what do i do ?, well most of the work of installing the new supercharger at TDI was carried out by wayne , Wayne and Phil who used to work at TDI have left to set up there own garage called SPC Horsham , so because i know how good there work is i gave them a ring , a few days later the car was booked in for a MOT , befor any work was done she was put on the dyno , she has always ran rich , lots of smoke comming from the exhaust when accelerating , and only 220 miles per tank of fuel , i could not belive my eyes when she only made 278.1 HP at the flywheel , gutted dont even come close :tsktsk: , any way it needed to be looked at , so i left my baby with them , befor i picked her up she was sucking in air like it was going out of fashion and in doing so managed to IMPLODE the tte airbox , so Wayne made up a custom induction system with Apexi air filter , nice , back on the rollers Ike Flack was working his magic , very nice , i picked my car up a few days ago and its like a different car , gone is the harsh tickover , gone is the smoke , she is so smooth now , even the gear change is nicer , and she is a lot quieter now , and she passed her MOT :D , and this is the best bit , both befor and after dyno runs are on video and will be on the web very soon , :D , i am now the proud owner of 364.5 HP and 318.3 ft/lb torque , and will NEVER EVER go back to TDI . Thankyou Phil , Wayne , Ike , Dave , at SPC Horsham , :D

Nice to hear you are now happy Dave.

Impressive BHP figures as well.

Saw the car the other day and she looked well good

Some Pics Dave sent me to put up for everyone:

The original Engine bay:

IMGP9204.jpg

The "imploded" TTE box

IMGP9211.jpg

The new induction kit:

IMGP9209.jpg

IMGP9205.jpg

IMGP9206.jpg

IMGP9207.jpg

IMGP9208.jpg

And finally; what everyones been waiting for:

The Dyno graph:

IMGP9210.jpg

The twin speed thing looks ace!

Stav

Wow. TDI are going out of fashion very quick.

Impressive numbers too :)

Thanks mr Singh

Dave its great to see that your lex is doing what it should have been doing after all the work thats gone into it mate,

Sounds like your now a happy chap and well done on some impressive figures :D

Can i book another passenger run in it now please mate :D

Thanks , yes of corse you can have a ride , i look forward to it , am still getting used to the power , i need angel's feet on the accelerator pedal :D

like the induction kit ...well away from the hot air of the zorst..the oem scoop is directing air to it as well

Nice to see a proper dyno graph as well

Thanks Dave , i hope we can meet up at santa pod again :winky:

My Is350 has 352 bhp so the acceleration you are now achieving must be something else :whistling:

fancy a TRD LSD :crybaby:

Read recently that Tdi tried to maintain the Lexusness of the car ? What caused the tte box to implode ? They also said that the car would have to much induction noise , without the tte box , Is that the case ? Top Job to those who seem to finally get it sorted , I look forward to seeing it at a shop sometime .

Great news that you've got this sorted Dave :D

Its a shame you had to take it somewhere else to be sorted, but as with most is200 that come out of TDi this is now the norm :lol:

Now i know why Mark was not telling anyone about the power, think Mark needs to change the blog about your car on the TDi web site B)

All the best with it Dave, hope you take my a spin in your car one day :D