Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Almost Finished

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am shocked at these latest revelations :o :o

What a bunch of cowboys!!

what value the PLC status.............the ISO9001...........the EFI university stuff :whistling:

None its all show, to suck them in, take the cash and run run run :o

I hope we have seen the back of him and all his BS. YES BS, He has taken the pi$$ out of to many members of this club.

I am shocked at these latest revelations :o :o

What a bunch of cowboys!!

what value the PLC status.............the ISO9001...........the EFI university stuff :whistling:

None its all show, to suck them in, take the cash and run run run :o

I hope we have seen the back of him and all his BS. YES BS, He has taken the pi$$ out of to many members of this club.

Hi Gord , i could'nt agree more .

I find it quite cowardly that TDI hasnt a response to any of the recent revelations

The thing that worrys me is, there is a much bigger world outside LOC. And I wonder how many non- Lexus branded cars are being subjected to the same cowboy antics, worse still which ones have being fed utter BS and been made a mug of.

Does Gordan Ramsey do a Car version of 'Kitchen Nightmares'? Sure he could teach Mark a thing or two :P

I find it quite cowardly that TDI hasnt a response to any of the recent revelations

The thing that worrys me is, there is a much bigger world outside LOC. And I wonder how many non- Lexus branded cars are being subjected to the same cowboy antics, worse still which ones have being fed utter BS and been made a mug of.

Does Gordan Ramsey do a Car version of 'Kitchen Nightmares'? Sure he could teach Mark a thing or two :P

get busy..............join up and post up a link to this and Cho's thread :whistling:

I still feel for the poor man from Leeds, only took his yellow lambo to tdi for service work, endded up with bill for 26.5k :o

I wish i had his number, to call him and see what went on.

I can't believe this, I'm glad you finally have the car sorted mate. TDI have got away this sort of behaviour for far too long. Would you consider joining forces in attempt to get some sort of refund? I am in the process of getting in touch with people from other forums who have also had problems with TDI.

why not start a new topic and direct the other forums to it to see how much others have been taken for a ride and it would keep it all under one heading........ surely theres enough evidence not to delete it no matter there involvment with this OWNERS CLUB

With regards to the air box implodeing , Tdi mention on their Blog about the rotrax trying to suck the air filter in , sounds like they overcame that accorting to them ? or is this just more bs from them ? Sounds like you had the same issues as the others , What about your traction light does that come on ? Must be fun running out of feul !

Well MacRS200 and Rob the FACT is the tte air box imploded because it was too restrictive , and the box was in perfect condition FACT ok .

And just how much negative pressure would it take to implode a TTE air box then, not enough produced by the induction of your engine FACT.

The box will mostly be under POSITIVE pressure FACT, you got a S/C connected to it driven by the engine FACT. When you lift off the throttle the charger is still being driven by the engine FACT. Negative pressure is in the manifold after the throttle butterfly when you lift the foot off FACT. BTW the throttle butterfly is between the air box and the manifold FACT.

So I stand to be corrected but how exactly did the box get enough negative pressure to make it implode.

edit: don't mean that you did not have a bad job done

Edited by MacRS200

To qualify as a PLC you need £50k of issued share capital, you don't have to "float" the company on the stock market. Last time I checked a Mr M. Catchpole had 49,999 of them, means he has £50K tied up in the company.

ISO9000/1 just means you have documented procedures that the company works to that are audited every now and again against. The auditor will check that you follow those procedures and document that you do so. If the procedures are flawed the auditor won't know as he/she is a pen pusher not a car tuner.

The EFI stuff is total bollox.

To qualify as a PLC you need £50k of issued share capital, you don't have to "float" the company on the stock market. Last time I checked a Mr M. Catchpole had 49,999 of them, means he has £50K tied up in the company.

ISO9000/1 just means you have documented procedures that the company works to that are audited every now and again against. The auditor will check that you follow those procedures and document that you do so. If the procedures are flawed the auditor won't know as he/she is a pen pusher not a car tuner.

Not sure how the Rotrex supercharger works, but from what i seen at JAE, the Rotrex supercharger suck's alot of air in through the airbox, so if the airbox not letting enough air through, so tte airbox gave up in the end.

Nice one Dave. Sounds very impressive mate. Do you still have the V-pro? Any starting issues or engine warning lights?

Hi Adie , yes i still have the v-pro , and i did have starting issues , and Tdi removed the warning lights in the dash !

Thats an absolute joke!

Well MacRS200 and Rob the FACT is the tte air box imploded because it was too restrictive , and the box was in perfect condition FACT ok .

And just how much negative pressure would it take to implode a TTE air box then, not enough produced by the induction of your engine FACT.

The box will mostly be under POSITIVE pressure FACT, you got a S/C connected to it driven by the engine FACT. When you lift off the throttle the charger is still being driven by the engine FACT. Negative pressure is in the manifold after the throttle butterfly when you lift the foot off FACT. BTW the throttle butterfly is between the air box and the manifold FACT.

So I stand to be corrected but how exactly did the box get enough negative pressure to make it implode.

Of course it can, the rotrex is still sucking air when the throttle is shut its just going out of the dump valve instead, as the engine is still spinning.

If the intake pipe cant get enough air in as the rotrex is sucking it out it will creat a vacuum in the airbox, and at the boost Daves running that certainly could be strong enough to implode it over a period.

Anyway, i spoke to a Gentleman today completely unrelated with the supra site, Charlesworth, TDi, or here, and as soon as i mentioned TDi he laughed and said he'd had to repair some of their work as well!

I can't believe this, I'm glad you finally have the car sorted mate. TDI have got away this sort of behaviour for far too long. Would you consider joining forces in attempt to get some sort of refund? I am in the process of getting in touch with people from other forums who have also had problems with TDI.

I'd love to join forces with all the people who have had problems with Tdi , to get a refund will be like squeezing blood from a stone .

The ISO9001 stuff is pretty meaningless. All it means, as has been said, is they've got documented procedures, not that those procedures are any good ! If a company's procedures were, let's say for arguments sake (1) fit lots of expensive bits on car in a shoddy fashion, (2) charge customer a load of money and tell them a load of bull about warning signs etc, then as long as those procedures were carefully carried out each time it's fine under the ISO9001 quality standards ! :lol:

With regards to the air box implodeing , Tdi mention on their Blog about the rotrax trying to suck the air filter in , sounds like they overcame that accorting to them ? or is this just more bs from them ? Sounds like you had the same issues as the others , What about your traction light does that come on ? Must be fun running out of feul !

Hi Lexlover001 , with regards to the air filter , at one point the air pressure was bending the K&N filter into a "S" shape so i made a fine grid to prevent this , at another point the recirculating air was piped back into the air box which was incerasing the tempreture and then the pipes blew off from the box and it was my sugestion to feed the air into the exhaust pipe . my traction light do'nt work at all so there is no indication as to when the racelogic or factory systems are on . with the racelogic "on" wet setting i managed to spin the car 540 degress which aint funny , so that dont work :tsktsk:

when the video's are up you can see the top of the air box flexing in a concave FACT

Not sure how the Rotrex supercharger works, but from what i seen at JAE, the Rotrex supercharger suck's alot of air in through the airbox, so if the airbox not letting enough air through, so tte airbox gave up in the end.

yes Gord , it is now in airbox heaven :D