Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Almost Finished

Is the new cylinder head from SPC Horsham still going on it ? Will that be at the same time as the turbo ?

Hi Steviewevie , i have been running the new cylinder in my car for a few weeks now and have noticed that it picks up at about 4000 with a lot more grunt :) , the turbo will be fitted in the summer :D

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice one dude will it be ready for japfest on the 16th?

Hi Nathan , sadly it wont have the turbo or supercharger on , but i have got the SPC big valve head and racing hot sticks on , so im just running with no induction at all , see you there :D

More power :lol: So your going for the 450bhp+ next mate? That'll be some serious motor when its sorted :D

Good luck with it Dave and look forward to catching up soon mate :D

Hi Chris , yes mate i'm hoping 450bhp plus :) , i'm having Wayne at SPC horsham build me a special engine for the turbo setup i'm having , so i will just have to swap engines and cylinder head , know any one who wants my old engine ? :D

Sounds great Dave, have you tried it on the dyno to see what the new cylinder head is giving ?

i think they are going to do a test befor they fit the turbo and release the figures then , but when i'm not shure .

The one built by TDi?

Dont think they'll be much of a queue LOL

sounds a great project though Dave Good luck.

The engine was built by wayne so no problems there :D , thanks Stav and best wishes for your car .

More power :lol: So your going for the 450bhp+ next mate? That'll be some serious motor when its sorted :D

Good luck with it Dave and look forward to catching up soon mate :D

Hi Chris , yes mate i'm hoping 450bhp plus :) , i'm having Wayne at SPC horsham build me a special engine for the turbo setup i'm having , so i will just have to swap engines and cylinder head , know any one who wants my old engine ? :D

Will i be ok for another test run when its sorted Dave :whistling::lol:

Again all the best with it mate and look forward to more updates :D

Then why not go for the GTE head? its wide angled and has no VVTi as standard?

not trying to criticise just a question.

i'm interested in what the standard engine is capable of , in the future i might go down the hi-bred route and put the 2jz in .

looking good Dave another step going forward as usual

one question: why a new engine, again ? thought you were forged and all dandy already

Hi Bazza , at the moment i have removed the supercharger and runing no induction at the moment , but i am runing the new big valve head with the new racing camshafts that tdi said could'nt be done , i am going for the new forged pistons and rods because the rods are lighter and have been made off-set and the pistons have special oil holes , the block will have a special oil spray system similar to the 2jz , will be increasing the oil pressure to :D

Hows it feel with the new head fitted Dave? :)

Well with no charger fitted its slow :D , it feels like its got more grunt and from about 4000 it picks up even more .

Fancy a race then :lol:

Be the only time i might ever get past you at the moment :lol:

Hows it feel with the new head fitted Dave? :)

Well with no charger fitted its slow :D , it feels like its got more grunt and from about 4000 it picks up even more .

Fancy a race then :lol:

Be the only time i might ever get past you at the moment :lol:

:lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links