Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Diesel In Ireland

Brendan

hi,

just thaught i'd post this as i've been trying out the different brands of fuel in Ireland, results as follows, Non franchasised dealers (prob laced with parafin so i've been LED to believe) 7.8 lit per 100km or 36.2 mpg, Emo (same dealer twice) 6.9 lit per 100km or 40.9 mpg, shell/maxol 6.2 lit per 100km or 45.6 mpg and finally da da daaa Texaco with 5.8 lit per 100km or 48.7 mpg. all driving has been on the same route with same driving style, relaxed within 15% of speed limit. i started to test after i got a shock using an unfranchised dealer. Buddy with a golf TDi noticed similar drop when he used same dealer! car is jan 2006 with 20000 kilometers on the clock

hi,

just thaught i'd post this as i've been trying out the different brands of fuel in Ireland, results as follows, Non franchasised dealers (prob laced with parafin so i've been led to believe) 7.8 lit per 100km or 36.2 mpg, Emo (same dealer twice) 6.9 lit per 100km or 40.9 mpg, shell/maxol 6.2 lit per 100km or 45.6 mpg and finally da da daaa Texaco with 5.8 lit per 100km or 48.7 mpg. all driving has been on the same route with same driving style, relaxed within 15% of speed limit. i started to test after i got a shock using an unfranchised dealer. Buddy with a golf TDi noticed similar drop when he used same dealer! car is jan 2006 with 20000 kilometers on the clock

Most diesel drivers in Ireland don't give a Sh*T as to whats in it, just how much it costs..... i used to be one :blush:

dosnt tesco get the same fule as statoil

Depends which Tesco. There's an oil terminal near where my parents live. You can watch tankers pull up to the bunkers to refill, from the *exact same bunker* you'll get an Esso tanker, then a Sainsburys, then an Asda then a Jet. etc etc. So I guess the local supermarkets in Plymouth probably have the same fuel as the Esso and Jet garages do. But 50 miles up the road, where the tankers fill up at a different depot, that may not be the case. You can't really tell!

I don't really care much to be honest, for the reason above. I think it's mostly psychological if you notice a difference, though I'd happily concede that an isolated tankful may be bad, or fuel from a specific filling station may be bad. But that's probably because they've got crap in their storage tanks, or a numpty tanker driver filled it up with the wrong fuel so it's a mixture!

On my third tank of Esso Diesel here in Galway (Ireland) first two tanks 7.1 litres to 100 klms this current tank 6.8 litres to 100 klms thats 40 and 41.8 mpg respectively. Very happy straight out of the box giving a return that should improve. Fingers crossed!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links