Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx 300 Geometry Set Up

I've heard of a Dr. Bones somewhere on this forum. Does he do the RX 300 or just the IS 200's ?

Can anyone tell me where he's based and whether's there's much you can do to set up the RX 300. Would it be worth the trip as both my front tyres are really badly worn on the inside edges and I've never ever curbed her. Any help appreciated.

Alan.

I've heard of a Dr. Bones somewhere on this forum. Does he do the RX 300 or just the IS 200's ?

Can anyone tell me where he's based and whether's there's much you can do to set up the RX 300. Would it be worth the trip as both my front tyres are really badly worn on the inside edges and I've never ever curbed her. Any help appreciated.

Alan.

We was invited to help with solutions for violent front tyre wear problems some years ago by LOC. Much Geometric calibration later and a few test cars proved a wim solution for the problem. The data was released to the entire community last year so wim is not holding the revived positions hostage :D

The RX is fast becoming another area for distress judging by the increasing numbers of complaints, although disappointing for the owner if Lexus have got it wrong again the situation should be retriable. We would welcome any data measured for analyses so we can catalogue the dynamic miss-givings for LOC members.

Cheers tony @wim

• 2 months later...

I made it to Watford yesterday afternoon and spent it with Tony Bones. Both my front tyre inner edges were very badly worn. It was well worth the 120 mile drive as Tony explained what was wrong as he worked to put everything right. Thanks Tony.

He said to take it easy on the way home on the new front tyres. I certainly did. I stopped for fuel on the M4 and was very surprised to see my trip computer go up and up to over 39 miles per gallon. Jan even took a picture of it ! I know it won't be up there long (if only!) but it's never gone up that high before. Maybe having the front wheels pointing forwards will help improve the mpg ! :D

Alan

I made it to Watford yesterday afternoon and spent it with Tony Bones. Both my front tyre inner edges were very badly worn. It was well worth the 120 mile drive as Tony explained what was wrong as he worked to put everything right. Thanks Tony.

He said to take it easy on the way home on the new front tyres. I certainly did. I stopped for fuel on the M4 and was very surprised to see my trip computer go up and up to over 39 miles per gallon. Jan even took a picture of it ! I know it won't be up there long (if only!) but it's never gone up that high before. Maybe having the front wheels pointing forwards will help improve the mpg ! :D

Alan

Thank you for your commitment regarding distance. It was quite a trusted step. The chassis condition you had was gently compromised compared to the IS200/300's trauma but nevertheless destructive to the tyres. As you have experienced correct placement vastly reduces friction and improves the miles per gallon.... Some even notice the braking is improved.... :o

Hi Alan

What year car is yours?

I am about to take delivery of an RX300 from October 2004 on a 54 plate.

I wonder if I should expect similar problems?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Hi Ben,

Mine is an '05 plate (March 2005) and has done nearly 23,000 miles. Had I have had the sense to go see Tony a year earlier I would have got another few thousand miles from the fronts which would have been very acceptable. It can't take long to put on the Supertracker sensors so I feel it would be appropriate for Lexus to do this at the first service and let the customer know if the angles are out and that the tyres will get shredded. After all, the first service is just a very expensive oil and filter change. The tyres are not cheap so customers would appreciate this info and most likely get it sorted there and then.

Cheers

Alan.

Hi Ben,

Mine is an '05 plate (March 2005) and has done nearly 23,000 miles. Had I have had the sense to go see Tony a year earlier I would have got another few thousand miles from the fronts which would have been very acceptable. It can't take long to put on the Supertracker sensors so I feel it would be appropriate for Lexus to do this at the first service and let the customer know if the angles are out and that the tyres will get shredded. After all, the first service is just a very expensive oil and filter change. The tyres are not cheap so customers would appreciate this info and most likely get it sorted there and then.

Cheers

Alan.

Thanks Alan

I picked my RX300 up today. Loving it of course.

I think Ill give the WIM guys a call and have a chat,

Ben

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links