dangerous brain

18979.JPG

18980.JPG

18981.JPG

18982.JPG

18983.JPG

18984.JPG

18985.JPG

She is sitting ready to go to her first real outing in Europe, she's going on the main stage here http://www.te2automotive.nl/index.php?id=149 The car is so rare they are paying my expenses to go :D

Next week I take her to the man that can called Dan to fit and tune its AEM (this will be a first on an aristo I beleive) and on from there its straight up to Castle Donington to test its mettle on the track :)

Awesome mate, this one's putting out some serious power isn't it?

Looks great, are you happy with her?

Well yes and no. I'm not HP with the wheels and really want the do-luck wheels to go back on but can't afford them right now. I am also impatiently waiting on the whole power available until I have the AEM fitted and mapped so I am only finding 450 ish brake on tap (she's running rich as you like) but a week will see that sorted. Interior will of course need to be G&B'd when I can afford that but again it'll be a while. Thing is I love the fact that it looks like a nearly new car not the 16 year old motor it is. I also love the fact that when my mrs got arsed off with a tailgater she blew him into yesterday and when she slowed down it was only a porsche 911 :D

:lol:

That's the beauty of these things, sleeper as you like, no-one would even dream that this was putting out that sort of power unless they recognised either the Aristo or V300 bits :)

Looks awesome in purple in the pics though, looks a seriously good paint job mate!

You really do buy the good ones!

Nice ride - power wise...don't like the rims and the spoiler. but may I ask why you're looking to go AEM? Just wondering since I've heard nothing but bad things with regards to startup issues, elevation causing the car to run a little funny, etc.

Also get the fronts slightly tinted at least ;).

Mitul.

PS: Look forward to some dyno graphs once tuned.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice ride - power wise...don't like the rims and the spoiler. but may I ask why you're looking to go AEM? Just wondering since I've heard nothing but bad things with regards to startup issues, elevation causing the car to run a little funny, etc.

Also get the fronts slightly tinted at least ;).

Mitul.

PS: Look forward to some dyno graphs once tuned.

I've gone with the AEM as I am not happy with being held over a barrel by HKS to tune a computer in my car. The AEM is a standalone ecu as well not a fudge factor'r like the Fcon is. Its running no problems at idle and starts a doddle. Its not tuned properly yet as its the first time an AEM has been fitted to an aristo and we (dan the tuner and I) agreed that it would be best to take it up in stages so I don't blow anything up. We've set it up at 450 BHP for now at a bar of boost. Bear in mind the difficult part is actually mapping the auto box not the engine as the supra maps are tweakable for that. I getya on the tints mate. It did have some on there but they were badly removed as they were too illegal :) The spoiler is a matter of taste but I find it handy for lifting the boot with, my old car with no spoiler was a PITA to open the boot. The wheels I agree have to go and the original champagne do-luck sixes will go back on at some point when I can afford them.

WOW nice motor Brian. Will I see it on the streets of Bournemouth and Poole?

You've missed it mate. Been here all week :D Goes back into the lockup tomorrow.

Think DB is referring to fact that only HKS powerwriters can map the HKS FCON....they normally charge 70 + per hour

As you'd expect I know a powerwriter who can do it 4 somewhat less........

ANYWAY nice car DB

The AEM is a standalone ecu as well not a fudge factor'r like the Fcon is

Whats the fudge factor then db :question:

Well FCONS and the likes basically take the signals from the MAP sensor and fudge it higher or lower in order for the correct amount of fuel to be put into the cylinders when you fit non-standard injectors/turbos effectivly tricking the stock ecu into thinking the engine is doing something that it is actually doing. This is because the stock ECU cannot be re-programmed with the likes of a superchip. What it doesn't however do is alter the timing profile etc and afaik when it gets to circa 1.2 bar it can't put in anymore fuel as thats all the stock ECU can deliver.

A standalone ecu like an AEM can be programmed to do pretty much whatever you want it to.