Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel On My Is200 Se

dazrise3

how many miles should i get for £20 of petrol in my is200 se. only seem to get about 120 miles. is this correct.

That works out about 23mpg (@ 85ppl for unleaded) - which isn't great, but for what sort of driving? If you only do a few town/urban miles at a time then it's about right. On the other hand if you're cruising on the motorway it would be bad.

any body recomend anything to improve fuel and performance. seems very sluggish...

compared to what? The IS200 is no ball of fire in the performance stakes.

If you genuinely have poor performance and rubbish consumption you should consider a service, new air-filter, MAF sensor clean and ECU reset.

I only get 92 miles on £20. I'm going to try a service etc soon & also going to do an ecu reset as I cannot beleive that these cars can do 400 miles on a full tank - the best I've achieved is 230 on a full tank...

I make a habit of joining the mpg threads as fuel efficinecy is close to my heart, I was going to get a diesel but all the diesels I've had in the past have been a bag of crud!!!

And on the performance side of things - mine seems sluggish too, may need a service (plugs etc). However I was in my mums Yaris T-Sport which is quite nippy, there was a 51 plate IS in front (manual) and he was caning it and I must say it moved!!!!!!

I only get 92 miles on £20. I'm going to try a service etc soon & also going to do an ecu reset as I cannot beleive that these cars can do 400 miles on a full tank - the best I've achieved is 230 on a full tank...

I make a habit of joining the mpg threads as fuel efficinecy is close to my heart, I was going to get a diesel but all the diesels I've had in the past have been a bag of crud!!!

And on the performance side of things - mine seems sluggish too, may need a service (plugs etc). However I was in my mums Yaris T-Sport which is quite nippy, there was a 51 plate IS in front (manual) and he was caning it and I must say it moved!!!!!!

I get anywhere between 320-400 a tank depending on what type of driving i have been doing.

Most Driving i do is 10-30 MPH in trafic and 70-80 motorway.

Bugger is I am sitting at a tank a week nowadays witht he milage i do. If i am in the office i car share. This helps with the fuel costs.

how many miles should i get for £20 of petrol in my is200 se. only seem to get about 120 miles. is this correct. any body recomend anything to improve fuel and performance. seems very sluggish...

Hi all,

I had the issue were my IS200 Sport was only giving me 250 miles to a full tank, instead of 300-350 miles. Turned out to be the plugs, which were NGK iridium ones part no. IRFE.... They are supposed to last 50000 thousand miles, I only had them in the car for 20000 miles. Anyway got some Denso IK20's and the car now gives me 350 miles to the full tank. Driving is mixed urban mainly with a heavy foot at times. :D

Hi all,

I had the issue were my IS200 Sport was only giving me 250 miles to a full tank, instead of 300-350 miles. Turned out to be the plugs, which were NGK iridium ones part no. IRFE.... They are supposed to last 50000 thousand miles, I only had them in the car for 20000 miles. Anyway got some Denso IK20's and the car now gives me 350 miles to the full tank. Driving is mixed urban mainly with a heavy foot at times. :D

250 is roughly what I get out of a full tank, whether motorway driving or town driving. Looks like the airbox is coming off this weekend :)

I used to get about 450 - 500 miles to a tank on average, so 120 miles for £20 is a bit steep but nothing major.

Try these to see if it improves:-

1) Change your air filter (unless it's already done).

2) Switch your aircon off for a trial period - say 1 or 2 tanks (don't really need it in the winter anyway).

3) Check your tyre pressure and make sure they're right- makes a big difference.

4) Reset your ECU and see if that helps.

I can't believe people are getting 300 miles to a tank, I had my IS200 for 3 years and it never dropped under 400 miles even if I gave it some stick.

i get around 300 but thats not empty thats down to just under a quarter, im going to purchase some new plugs when i get a chance (and money) and see if that helps.

I would definitly change the filter, i had an old filter in mine when i bought it, the change is amazing.

15-16 mpg at present. Mainly short journeys (under 10 miles). In the summer I get about 20mpg.

This "I get x miles on a full tank" or "on 20 quid" drives me nuts....

For your only 250miles on a tank did you drive until it stopped? No, I bet you didn't

Here's how to work it out properly:

Fill the tank until the pump clicks off and no more petrol will fit.

Reset the clock

Drive for as long as you can.

Fill up again until no more will go in.

Record miles from your clock, and the number of litres put in.

Miles divide by litres, then multiply by 4.54 gives miles/gallon.

This is the ONLY way to compare!!

I get between 300-320 miles from around 60-62 litres, which works out as around 22mpg. However, that's just driving around town, I've not done any real motorway journeys in it yet. It's coming up on 50,000 miles, so it probably needs new plugs, air filters and an ECU reset! I also have quite a heavy right foot, which probably doesn't help!