Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Accidents Do Happen...

SC-berks

Because the SC is not too common I think you will struggle to get 2nd. hand.

Probably looking at Main Dealer.

Could check Auto Trader in the salvage section you might get lucky

You lucky £$%£" Just seen one on eBay !

HERE

Hey guys,

Need to source a few parts

Drivers side - Side view mirror and also an new ariel... possibly a front corner panel,, but not sure about that one yet.

Don't ask...

Is the dealer my only option....?

I wish... called them this a.m. nothing really left.

Dealer it is. I bet they quote me a price that will bring " a little tear to the corner of my eye... "

I've got a friend in Japan.. maybe I'll try him.

You lucky £$%£" Just seen one on eBay !

HERE

DUDE!!! you the man.

I thought you were talking about the Blue "wrecked one" on eBay !!!

This baby is mine. I'm sure a dealership would qoute me something like £350 or another equally painful price!!

Thanks! you the man

Hmmmm..... MK1 mine is a 53 reg... is that an MK1 ??????

Guest inicol63

You lucky £$%£" Just seen one on EBAY !

HERE

DUDE!!! you the man.

This baby is mine. I'm sure a dealership would qoute me something like £350 or another equally painful price!!

Thanks! you the man

Sorry to hear about your car, what happened, is everyone alright?

HERE

DUDE!!! you the man.

Thanks! you the man

Yep,, just going a little two fast down a small country lane between Bisley and Woking to pick up a Wii I bought on eBay... combination of slick roads and the wrong rubber on car, speed and a very sharp bend. barely came off road but did manage to scrape by a couple of tree branches which put a good dent on front corner panel, took off side view mirror and arial. :((( argh......

only relatively cosmetic damage considering what could have happened...

Found a MK1 side-view mirror ( is that the right one? ) and have a mate who owns one of the best body shops in the area... so it will be put right.

Think I'm changing the wheels. I've noticed P-ZERO 245's on the front and 295's on the back don't do well in the slick.

Surprisingly, the wife wasn't upset at all... give her a while to think about it...

O.K. so the rubber/tires are wrong... but was really surprised how little the ABS helped me out of a slide situation..... guess you can't rely on technology when you get it wrong at a little speed ? or maybe it was just down to the rubber compound just being all wrong..

Guest inicol63

HERE

DUDE!!! you the man.

Glad you did not hurt anything but you wallet.

It may be worth importing a set of alloys as the America dollar is poor against the pound.

Good luck with the repairs

Thanks! you the man

Yep,, just going a little two fast down a small country lane between Bisley and Woking to pick up a Wii I bought on eBay... combination of slick roads and the wrong rubber on car, speed and a very sharp bend. barely came off road but did manage to scrape by a couple of tree branches which put a good dent on front corner panel, took off side view mirror and arial. :((( argh......

only relatively cosmetic damage considering what could have happened...

Found a MK1 side-view mirror ( is that the right one? ) and have a mate who owns one of the best body shops in the area... so it will be put right.

Think I'm changing the wheels. I've noticed P-ZERO 245's on the front and 295's on the back don't do well in the slick.

Surprisingly, the wife wasn't upset at all... give her a while to think about it...

O.K. so the rubber/tires are wrong... but was really surprised how little the ABS helped me out of a slide situation..... guess you can't rely on technology when you get it wrong at a little speed ? or maybe it was just down to the rubber compound just being all wrong..

• 4 weeks later...

... but was really surprised how little the ABS helped me out of a slide situation..... guess you can't rely on technology when you get it wrong at a little speed ? or maybe it was just down to the rubber compound just being all wrong..

Interesting comment on the ABS. In the situation you described I would have the TRC (Tracktion Control System) expected to work. However I don't like the TRC to work at any given light slide. It would take the "Joy" out of the driving. And at the end, once you are beyond the physical limits even TRC and ABS together don't help any more.