Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Locking Wheel Nuts?

Recently got some new tyres and the mechanic recommended to me that I get a different set of locking nuts than the OEM ones. Apparently he's had one nut fail on him and he wrecked a wheel getting it off his own IS, and has heard of it happening to others.

Should I be out looking for a new set or is this not a common problem?

Lexus Dealer themselves managed to fook one of mine aftr it had been in for a service n calliper change, i asked them bout it and they denide everythin!!

For my normal lexus wheels i have no lockin nuts but my new wheels i have Mcguard too!!

Lexus Dealer themselves managed to fook one of mine aftr it had been in for a service n calliper change, i asked them bout it and they denide everythin!!

how was it knackard? surely it would knacker the pin thing before the actual nut?

For my normal lexus wheels i have no lockin nuts but my new wheels i have Mcguard too!!

I used mc guard on me old car and they seemed fine, no problems

why not do what i did, take the nuts off one by one and then put copper slip on the inside thred and push some slip inbetween the metal ring and nut on the OEM locking nuts. I have had no problems with mine and they've been off a few times, just don't over torque it. I think its 80ftlb's wich is about 110nm's