Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mki Ls400 Drivers Door Lock Not Locking Central Locking?

The drivers door lock on my 1991 MKI LS400 doesn't lock the central locking. It will unlock the whole car and lock just the drivers door, but it wont lock the central locking system. I'm guessing this is a switch inside the drivers door. I've taken the door panel off but cant see where the switches are and all the connecters are firmly attached.

Any ideas?

I have exactly the same problem........before you start dismantling things try this.

Unlock as usual and open the door wide open, with a screwdriver or something, push the lock mechanism in to simulate the door being locked.

Try unlocking and locking [without closing the door] if it locks now or with the door in a different

position [mine does] might be a break in the wiring where it enters the door.??

There is a switch attached to to lock barrel, it clips on, has an LED in the harness with it, presumably to light the lock.

• 2 years later...

this type of door lock has been the best that I have installed for the ease of use. It is like the broom handle in the track, but is mounted up at the center of the door, and has a metal strip that keeps the lock in place when in the down position.

this type of door lock has been the best that I have installed for the ease of use. It is like the broom handle in the track, but is mounted up at the center of the door, and has a metal strip that keeps the lock in place when in the down position.

Sorry you have lost me with this one and I seem to have time warped 2 years on the thread

On mine the fault was traced to the small white switch on the inside of the key barrel.

If you take the trim off and look at the lock barrel [ other side to where you put the key in]

This removable switch was only connecting on one side on mine.

I had a spare from a scrapper and that solved it, but I stripped and repaired the old one just as an emergency spare.

The switch looks quite flimsy but is nicely made with silver contacts.

Whist you are in there lubricate the actual door lock mechanism as mine was dry and starting to rust.

Hope this helps...