Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

One Week Till I Pick Up My Is250! A Question.

Having had my IS200SE coming up for 5 years since I bought it brand new, I'm finally moving up to an IS250SE. Can't afford it brand new in the spec I want, but after keeping an eye on the pre-owned ones have found a Nov 05 model in the exact spec I wanted, which I'm picking up from Lexus Leicester next Saturday. So I've a 900 mile round trip which will let me say an emotional goodbye to my IS200, and then get well acquainted with my IS250SE on the way back to Aberdeen!

My IS200 is in immaculate condition and only 29000 miles, but have had no luck trying to sell it privately up here (couple of calls but nobody has even come to look at it), so I've reluctantly had to take a hit by going for a trade-in :duh:

The car I'm getting is a 250SE Auto with Multimedia pack and sunroof, Brechin Slate, Pembroke Black interior. Can't wait to play with all the toys - am so excited!! :D :D :D :hehe:

I've one question - which I haven't managed to find a definitive answer to on searching the specs and this forum. With the SE (Not the SE-L), when you select reverse, do both door mirrors automatically dip down do give you better view (as they did when I tried an RX)??

The car I'm getting is a 250SE Auto with Multimedia pack and sunroof, Brechin Slate, Pembroke Black interior.

I've one question - which I haven't managed to find a definitive answer to on searching the specs and this forum. With the SE (Not the SE-L), when you select reverse, do both door mirrors automatically dip down do give you better view (as they did when I tried an RX)??

Only the SE-L has the feature. I couldn't do without it now, otherwise I''m sure I would have kerbed my alloys multiple times when parallel parking :whistling:

Don't forget that you have a very good reversing camera with the MM and I find I never look in the mirrors now.

Don't forget that you have a very good reversing camera with the MM and I find I never look in the mirrors now.

The camera is no help when parallel parking next to the kerb, but the dipping mirrors sure are :)