Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Passed Mot So Treated The Is200 This Week

Pumatron

Hi all, had the Is200 MOT this week, passed no problems....would'nt expect anything less now, decided to treat her so bought some new IK20 spark plugs off eBay, which turned up ultra quick from the USA.

Also ordered sport grill from local dealer which i picked up saturday. Fitted grill, spark plugs today and while I had air filter off gave the Motorised throttle housing a good clean, reset the ECU and corrected the over filled engine oil level(Not my doing!! :duh: !).

Run her up and let her settle for a while so the parameters in the ECU adjusted to happy medium, gotta say she is running a real treat now, with the combination of Shell v-power she is really responsive, a quick blast up the motorway to give her test proved mid range power band as smooth as silk!!!

Sport grill looks real good, better than expected, and for £27 plus Vat :winky: a real bargain!!!

Well pleased!!!!!!!! :D

Just a set of front pads to fit now, abit of meat left on old ones so gonna leave that for a while to get me money worth out of em!!

I treat this car like a spoilt kid!!!!!LOL

Laters Pumatron

nice one. mine passed on thursday, my first mot in northern ireland and i was so scared ,watchin it on the special ramps made me sooooo nervous.

I know what you mean, you pace up and down like an expectant father waiting for 'the news'...LOL :lol:

Can i reset the ECU myself or dealer has to do it?

Two options for resetting the ECU yourself. Either disconnect the Battery. (You will have to reset your radio stations after). Or open the fuse box in the engin bay. Look at the lid and it will tell you which is the ECU fuse, remove it for about 10secs and replace. Done.

Cheers Jamie, glad to hear you got a good'un with the spec you wanted :D , well worth the wait eh?, looks real good in the photos i've seen.

Will post some photos of her as soon as.

Laters, Pumatron.

Cheers for that pal, I'm chuffed indeedy! I'm gonna be heading upto the pennines first thing in the morning to catch the sunrise to get some proper pictures hopefully this weekend.

All the best,

Jamie

so did the dealer sell you the sport drill in strathcarron blue?

Hi, no it come in Royal Sapphire Blue, which was the only blue that the parts assistant and I could see on the accessory list, but it was specific for my year of car (2001), so don't know if they do the other two blues?

Still, the cost of buying the grill in the wrong colour and getting it resprayed the correct colour has got to be worth it still as the grill is so cheap to buy intially ;) .

Laters Pumatron

Cheers Jamie, glad to hear you got a good'un with the spec you wanted :D , well worth the wait eh?, looks real good in the photos i've seen.

Will post some photos of her as soon as.

Laters, Pumatron.

Cheers for that pal, I'm chuffed indeedy! I'm gonna be heading upto the pennines first thing in the morning to catch the sunrise to get some proper pictures hopefully this weekend.

All the best,

Jamie

Looking forward to the piccies.....whats your next purchase gonna be???

Regards Pumatron