Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wireless Headphones

Just wondering if anyone else has suffered with a loss of sound with the inbuilt DVD system on the RX350 SE-L. My kids are having to watch silent movies in the back! I have done all the obvious things without success.

yeah we have, its pants, we prefer our old portable system. we are changing the batteries all the time!

Just wondering if anyone else has suffered with a loss of sound with the inbuilt DVD system on the RX350 SE-L. My kids are having to watch silent movies in the back! I have done all the obvious things without success.

I have had this problem in my own 2007 RX400h. I solved this by covering one of the small IR LEDS.

Try the following procedure while you have the headphones on (one per time):

1. Check on which side you have the problem (left or right)

2. Put your finger on these IR LEDS one by one

3. Find that which interferes into the other frequency and cover it by sticky small black paper

If that doesn't work change the frequency from the control panel

Please have in mind that this for a European RX with two headrest screens.

Hope it works on you as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip.

Update...I took my car to the local dealer three weeks ago and they have had it since. After trying all the normal things they are now rewiring the car to see if that will make the sound spring into life. I will let you know what fixed it when I get the car back.

Kids don't know their born now-a-days!

• 1 month later...

Normally if you have a single channel IR transmitter from each monitor, you will get interference problems when also using a single channel Ir headphone..

Heres why;

Left monitor 2.3-2-8mhz,

Righ monitor 2.3-2.8mhz,

Headphone is also 2.3-2.8mhz

Left channel is 2.3

Right channel is 2.8

Heres the problem, 2 monitors outputting the same channel at the same frequency, user can be sitting behind left or right monitor or in the centre of both, but the headphones are picking up the same signal from both monitors at the same frequency, these frequencies are not "tuned" 100% and have a torlerance thus it will pick up a clear signal from 1 and some "fuzzy" signal from the other monitor.

To solve this problem, newer installs have monitors with dual frequency ir transmitters and IR headphones with dual channels.

So if you are now sitting behind the left monitor which may be 2.3-2.8, the dual channel headphone can be selected to this frequency, the right monitor is on 3.2-3.8 and sitting behind this the headphone will be set on 3.2-3.8. thus each headphone will only be picking up from a single transmitter, even if the user is sitting between each screen, which ever frequency the headphone is set to, will again only pick up from 1 transmitter, normally built into the monitor itself.

If your system has a frequency selector, make sure both monitors are set differently, providing also you have dual channel IR headphones.

As for the Battery life, some IR headphones have Battery saving mode, so when no audio signal is present for a set time they will auto power off, these headphones normally have a push on/off type switch opposed to a slide on/off switch.

IR headphones should give you the most Battery life in comparison with RF,and Bluetooth.

So much time?

What was the problem, finaly, did they say?

Good question. They swapped everything (including rewiring the whole car) - no success. So they took it down to Bristol to the people that fit them when they come into the country. They tried 10 different sets of headphones until they found some that worked. This is apparently what ended up fixing it.

Lexus GB have offered me the next two services free as compensation and the dealer is going to book my car in for a free full valet + tank of petrol at my convienance. They did lend me a GS300 during my RX350's absence so I guess you can't ask for much more from a dealer/manufacturer.

• 8 months later...

yeah we have, its pants, we prefer our old portable system. we are changing the batteries all the time!

I had the same problem, I had the volume up full on the headphones but still no sound, point the remote at the dvd player, on the right hand side of the

remote above the blue buttons at the bottom in the silver section there is a button that says volume, keep pressing it to turn the output volume of the dvd player to full, hope this helps, it took me a while to figure it out

When this issue surfaces, it can cause no end of grief. We had a courtesy RX400h which came with this set up and after a day or two of working, one side just stopped. We just lived with it as it wasn't our car. Kids just had to share the one working headset.

Glad you got it sorted though.

• 3 months later...

Hi Jasonco - wonder if you could give me details of the fitters in Bristol? I have just bought a second hand RX300 SE-L but no headphones with it! I only live an hour away so I guess these guys could find a pair that works..many thanks, Paul

Good question. They swapped everything (including rewiring the whole car) - no success. So they took it down to Bristol to the people that fit them when they come into the country. They tried 10 different sets of headphones until they found some that worked. This is apparently what ended up fixing it.

Lexus GB have offered me the next two services free as compensation and the dealer is going to book my car in for a free full valet + tank of petrol at my convienance. They did lend me a GS300 during my RX350's absence so I guess you can't ask for much more from a dealer/manufacturer.

• 2 years later...

Hello peoples I like to know some suggestion for the latest wireless headphones today? I guess I need it badly because I am planning my rest lounge to have a TV with its own wireless Headphone for the peoples if they want to watch TV. I create the idea so that the other peoples who have other things to do will not be disturb while they are doing their work.

• 5 years later...

Jumping on the back of this thread, I have a 2006 RX400H SE-L.

Recently one of my wireless headphones just died. It won't even come on after a Battery chang.

Are any members aware where I can get hold of a cheap replacement or whether aftermarket compatible versions are available?

Thanks in advance

COH555

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links