Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220d (german Import): Need Headlights To Be One Always When Driving

Hi,

I've just bought an IS220d which has been imported from Germany.

I live in Norway and here the rules regarding headlights are that they should be always on (not just when it is dark outside). Most cars in Norway turn on the headlights automatically when the ignition is turned/pressed.

When using the auto setting for the headlights, the car is using some light sensor to decide whether or not the lights should be one, and if I use the standard "on" setting I need to remember to turn the lights on and off as I enter and leave the car (something which is not very easy to remember after driving 10 years without doing that)

My question is if there is any easy way to change some setting so that the lights always come when the ignition is pressed?

I am delivering the car in to service in a few weeks, but since there are no authorized Lexus dealers and very few Lexus in Norway, I am not sure how much the Toyota dealer will know much about the car.

Regards

Dagfinn

Hi,

I've just bought an IS220d which has been imported from Germany.

I live in Norway and here the rules regarding headlights are that they should be always on (not just when it is dark outside). Most cars in Norway turn on the headlights automatically when the ignition is turned/pressed.

When using the auto setting for the headlights, the car is using some light sensor to decide whether or not the lights should be one, and if I use the standard "on" setting I need to remember to turn the lights on and off as I enter and leave the car (something which is not very easy to remember after driving 10 years without doing that)

My question is if there is any easy way to change some setting so that the lights always come when the ignition is pressed?

I am delivering the car in to service in a few weeks, but since there are no authorized Lexus dealers and very few Lexus in Norway, I am not sure how much the Toyota dealer will know much about the car.

Regards

Dagfinn

Dag,

The light setting is adjustable, but I don't know if the highest light setting would bring the headlights on all the time. Other than that the Toyota dealerships in Norway should be able to simply rewire the lights to come on with the ignition. Most of the new Toyota's have the push button start, and after all even the second generation IS is a Toyota at heart, despite all the marketing hype.

Try the tape over the sensor ( in the windscreen air vent ) as a first go, as suggested above.

hmm, but don't you think that then the auto adjustment of dashboard brightness won't work?

Ameneon - we have the same law, we have to have the light always on. There is a solution, original lexus part called "MARS" - if I remember correctly.

It costs around 50 euros + 4 hours of work. It switches on the lights app. 5 seconds after the engine start.

Ameneon - we have the same law, we have to have the light always on. There is a solution, original lexus part called "MARS" - if I remember correctly.

It costs around 50 euros + 4 hours of work. It switches on the lights app. 5 seconds after the engine start.

Thanks, this really helps . I'll run this by the service people when I deliver it.