Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aaaaargh - Where Can I Get New Wipers For My Gs Mk.2?

I've been to Halfords - no wipers for Lexus GS Mk.2

I've tried autobulbsdirect, they sent me universal type, they didn't fit.

I've tried Lexus dealer but they only sell the rubbers. Which I can't for the life of me fit to my blades.

Also, my current wipers seem to be 2 different sizes - 19" and 21"...weird?

So any ideas where I can get some GS Mk.2 wipers?

You can get some off eBay (Bosch set) they seem to be pretty cheap compared to Halfrauds and as for the different size thats normal.

Also should you not have 24"and 21" for the MK2 GS300's, I thought that the MK1's were 19" and 21"...

I just picked up the standard 19 and 21 inch from the local Halfords a while back, it was a pain in the arse to fit them though as the blades wouldn't come up - couldn't do it for the life of me so just had to be really careful not to let the hangers scratch the screen!

The PIAA's are great but I found them a pain when going slow as the window would smear until you hit 40ish at which point water just beaded off - not really any good now for my city driving :(

I've tried Lexus dealer but they only sell the rubbers. Which I can't for the life of me fit to my blades.

Had same problem, went to a Toyota garage and bought over the counter blades that fitted perfectly. I think i paid £24 the pair and they are good.. You are corrct they are two different sizes.

Gs300 MK2 99

I bought the rubbers from Lexus, and we just couldn't get them on the blades. My mechanic couldn't either.

I'll try that eBay supplier or Toyota dealer.

I bought Bosch blades previously, they just didn't fit.

The wipers are ment to be different sizes, the drivers side willbe longer, this is common on a lot of cars now

I brought Bosch blades from Halfords formy GS, they fit fine

I went to halfrauds but the wiper blade book didn't have Lexus listed~?!?!?!?

Just fitted Bosch wipers bought from Halfords. 24" with spoiler for drivers side and 20" for passenger side. Fitted easily and are very quiet. However check before leaving store that they have the correct fitting enclosed. They tend to only supply one type of fitting unlike the universal fittings years ago. One of my blades had an incorrect fitting but swapped it for another box and found the correct. I always attempt to fit my new blades outside the store, easy for taking back if incorrect.

I've always had good performance out of BOSCH (and Valeo) blades. You're right about the fitment clips, but I buy mine from Euro Car Parts and the BOSCH blades tend to come with a whole host of fitting clips. Bought a couple of sets of Valeo blades off eBay and they too came with a selection of fixings.