Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just found out my car has been written off after me putting it down a ditch.

Absolutely gutted, but may have the chance to buy the car back if anyone is interested for spares.

The main damage is underneath, with steering rack and rear suspension broken, the car has the cd sat nav with the latest disc, seats are in great condition, everything inside works(switch gear etc).

So it's goodye from me................unless I succumb and buy another one !!

Let me know if anyone is interested in the car.

Terry

Glad you're ok, shame about the car.

Seem like we are all after bits. I need a drivers door mirror (glass).

I would like the Sat Nav but don't know how dificult it is to fit into a non Sat nav car.

I have seen a couple of newer MKII that are currently tempting me, do you think you will get another?

Hi guys,

wheels are the 5 spoke SE, but have some kerb damage (from the wife !).

The sat nav unit and touch screen should go straight in another car(I think), not sure of the price, will listen to offers.

I am pi**ed off with my insurance though(insure.co.uk), I had the accident on 8th Jan, and I am still waiting for them to make me an offer for the car. Have had to buy myself a run around for the time being. A Y plate Avensis, not a bad car, but once you get used to a lexus......... :-(

The only good point is the 'broken' fuel guage, at least it seems that way as it hardly moves ! :D

Hi guys,

wheels are the 5 spoke SE, but have some kerb damage (from the wife !).

The sat nav unit and touch screen should go straight in another car(I think), not sure of the price, will listen to offers.

I am pi**ed off with my insurance though(insure.co.uk), I had the accident on 8th Jan, and I am still waiting for them to make me an offer for the car. Have had to buy myself a run around for the time being. A Y plate Avensis, not a bad car, but once you get used to a lexus......... :-(

The only good point is the 'broken' fuel guage, at least it seems that way as it hardly moves ! :D

how big are the wheels? how bad is the curb damage?

Just been told that the engineer has advised the insurance company not to sell me the car back, as there could be implications to them if I put it back on road and there is an accident !

Anyone work for insurance companies or has ant past experience as to whether this is true or not ??

The insurance company will decide what catagegory it falls into, the following is a simplified guide:-

Category A: Total burnout. No value left in the vehicle

Category B: Break only. Value lies in salvage

Category C: Damage to car is more than total value of car

Category D: Repair would cost almost as much as the vehicle is worth. Better to write off than repair.

Speak to your insurance compaany about buy back as the engineer maybe freelance.

The insurance company will decide what catagegory it falls into, the following is a simplified guide:-

Category A: Total burnout. No value left in the vehicle

Category B: Break only. Value lies in salvage

Category C: Damage to car is more than total value of car

Category D: Repair would cost almost as much as the vehicle is worth. Better to write off than repair.

Speak to your insurance compaany about buy back as the engineer maybe freelance.

I've bought a Cat C motor before now. All that was wrong with the car was the tow-bar had got bent but because it was an unusual car (Citroen XM) they decided it was too badly damaged.

This all happened to the previous owner while I was contemplating buying it, so I ended up with a bargain. All I had to do was take it to the local VOSA office and they assessed whether it was roadworthy or not for a fee (about the cost of an MOT I think). Having removed the offending tow-bar all that was wrong with the car was a few scratches and it sailed through.

I think the lesson here is never trust your insurance assessor :D