Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trc Light Flashing And Abs Light On

sorted vti

hey

after my lower ball joint breaking and me replacing them. the trc light has come on and thew abs light has come on.

my rac friend has put it on his laptop but there arent any faults showing.

i think i may have tugged the abs sensor wire but would this have caused the lights to come on?

hey

after my lower ball joint breaking and me replacing them. the trc light has come on and thew abs light has come on.

my rac friend has put it on his laptop but there arent any faults showing.

i think i may have tugged the abs sensor wire but would this have caused the lights to come on?

yes it could :o

the abs and trc are one the trc works with the abs and if you have a sensor down or as the balljoint broke it may of damaged the abs ring on the cv joint hope not as that will cost

as the abs and the trc both run off the ring

off topic i may be getting a newcar a trans am would you be able to do a bird for the bonnet

surely if rac boy put his laptop on it it would have picked up the dodgy sensor. this happened to me a while back when I slipped on some spilt diesel on a forecourt it seemed to get stuck in the ecu memory as it stayed on all that day and all the next, it was really annoying with the light flashing so i wondered if the trc was actually functioning? i floored it out of a junction and whipped the back end round and the lights went out straight away. :D

all has been well since, i wonder if the snow slush and salt on the road at the time played the sensor up?

hope you get it sorted soon, i'd put some black insulation tape over that bloody flashin light in the meantime :winky:

as the post says. doesnt show a fault.

traction control doesnt work at present and im sure the abs doesnt either. will sort this out soon. doesnt really bother me too much as i turn the traction control off when i drive anyway. and steering wheel covers the light when driving straight. lol

oh and he's a rac man. over 40!! lol

lol have you ever seen a young one?!?

have you tried taking your Battery off? dont know whether this would reset anything?

if it is a sensor i hope its easier to replace than the one i did in my mates mk4 golf today was a right b**ch to get out and an even bigger B**CH to get the new one in!

Trust me mate, its the sensor that you've broken. It wont read a fault as there is probably still power running to the sensor. But once you've knocked it or pulled the cable its fooked and you'll have to replace the whole sensor / cable. Resetting the ECU / disconnecting the Battery wont cure the problem and your TRC light will still flash. Been there and done it. :crying: You have to be very carefull when working near the sensors as the can be broken VERY easily ;)

Have a read Here see if that helps ;)

surely the sensors only induce a current and have no power supply as such.

therefore for a sensor not to work it would need to be open circuit and an o/c sensor would show? wouldnt it?

have you cleaned round where the sensor is and that metal ring with the slots in i would imagine if there was a shard of metal stuck in a grove it may play it up?

my mates mk4 golf was plugged in to a laptop and it picked up a faulty sensor straight away and told us which one it was.