Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Hid Lighting

markthecut

Just had IS200 headlights upgraded to HID.

Kit only cost £150, absolutely top value, and compnents- no chopping wires etc, everything is plug n' play.

Only took 20 mins to install, and the end result looks amazing- a real head turner.

Got them from a great kid called Nads, he owns hid (Manchester based), but the website's not up and running yet?.

Get ringing, best £150 you can spend!

what colour temp did you get? 65000k???

mks units proper, n I mean proper Hella copy

6000k! thought they looked just mega bright white, was gonna go for the 8000k but Nads demonstrated them both before purchase and I decided to stick with the 6000k.

Seriously- they look absolutely awsome- the light is amazin, night-time vision is amazin, just give this guy a ring. I was doubtful at first ( ONLY£150 ) like I said but can't wait for darkness to fall !!!!

Also provides White LED's to replace OEM side/parking lights

You can probably tell guys that I'm in love with my new HID'S- especially considering my local Lexus centre quoted £900 to replace the original IS200 light units with IS300 ones

Nice one, any pics of the kit - before / after fitting?

Any idea of branding and the strength etc?

Jamie

Here's a link to photo's of before and after, and the full kit

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-IS-200-XENON-H...1QQcmdZViewItem

Once agian................ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!

Chuff me the bunch of thieves :D Where in Manchester? Might pop by and have a nosey.

J

Wilmslow Road squire, but have a look at the link, and give him a bell first!

Top notch kid- even rang me few hours later when I was back home in Sheffield to see how they were!!

Ah right I saw these advertised earlier tonight and was having a read.

J

Had quite a few bad experiences with ye old eBay, so quite wary myself- but honestley.........GO FOR IT.

Keep goin outside turnin Lecky on n just starin' at the HID's. Seen them on many a car comin at me, but it's a whole new thing being sat lookin out of a Lecky with the HID's on.

Gonna try n get some shut-eye now so let me know if ya got round to settin yourself up with a pair!

Hello All You Lexi Friends

Little new at this and need a little help :duh:

Picking up my IS200 S on Friday and been looking at few mod's in advance

Chuffed i came across this link cos you's may be the answer to my prayers

Im a little educated on the HID lark now but prob not as much as you peeps

I understand that the higher the KANDAL the deeper the colour

e.g

3000K - Golden Yellow

4300K - Bright White

6000K - Crystal White

8000K - Crystal Blue

10000K - Aqua Blue

12000K - Purple-Blue

14000K - Purple

ive been on youtube and looked at video evidence of these HID's and am thinking of the 12000K's

some websites say they are Purple but the vids show them as a vivid light with subtle tint.

12000K.jpg

Does this guy from manchester show the full range in some way, if so ill maybe pop down on Sat.

Also what bulbs are needed for Headlight, Sidelighs, and fog's

ive heard you need HB3, HB4, & 501 - anyone know if this is true, and if so which refers to which

e.g is HB3 Dipped beam, HB4 Main Beam and 501 Side Lights, and if so whats the Fog bulbs??

Also is it normal to get the same power bulb for fogs as main beam to ensure the same colour beam.

Really would appreciate your info , Cheers Y'all Rick

e.g

3000K - Golden Yellow

4300K - Bright White

6000K - Crystal White

8000K - Crystal Blue

10000K - Aqua Blue

12000K - Purple-Blue

14000K - Purple

ive been on youtube and looked at video evidence of these HID's and am thinking of the 12000K's

some websites say they are Purple but the vids show them as a vivid light with subtle tint.

12000K.jpg

Does this guy from manchester show the full range in some way, if so ill maybe pop down on Sat.

ive heard you need HB3, HB4, & 501 - anyone know if this is true, and if so which refers to which

e.g is HB3 Dipped beam, HB4 Main Beam and 501 Side Lights, and if so whats the Fog bulbs??

Also is it normal to get the same power bulb for fogs as main beam to ensure the same colour beam.

Dude dont get 12K, they are so far across the spectrum they look more like black light (UV).. they are NOT street legal & you will get unwanted attention from the fuzz.

I know the chap who sells these HID's in Manchester, my brother has dealt with him before, very nice guy indeed!!

But I've seen some on fleabay for £95 (that includes P&P) - my mate has ordered them for his yaris t-sport, i'll wait till he's fitted em to pass judgement on quality etc..

HID's are defo on my wish list but at the moment other things are required such as brakes & other suspension components....

e.g

3000K - Golden Yellow

4300K - Bright White

6000K - Crystal White

8000K - Crystal Blue

10000K - Aqua Blue

12000K - Purple-Blue

14000K - Purple

12000K.jpg

Dude dont get 12K, they are so far across the spectrum they look more like black light (UV).. they are NOT street legal & you will get unwanted attention from the fuzz.

I know the chap who sells these HID's in Manchester, my brother has dealt with him before, very nice guy indeed!!

But I've seen some on fleabay for £95 (that includes P&P) - my mate has ordered them for his yaris t-sport, i'll wait till he's fitted em to pass judgement on quality etc..

HID's are defo on my wish list but at the moment other things are required such as brakes & other suspension components....

Believe me- 6000k are the ones to go for

as the last post says- nearest to the is300, and you still get a lovely blue/purple tinge if that's what you're after.

Also true that the higher the k, then the less light they produce

e.g

3000K - Golden Yellow

4300K - Bright White

6000K - Crystal White

8000K - Crystal Blue

10000K - Aqua Blue

12000K - Purple-Blue

14000K - Purple

12000K.jpg

Believe me- 6000k are the ones to go for

as the last post says- nearest to the is300, and you still get a lovely blue/purple tinge if that's what you're after.

Also true that the higher the k, then the less light they produce

Sorry squire- olny half answered you!

HB4= Dipped and fogs

HB3= Full Beam

501= Side/parking. Nads does a nice white Xenon effect one for this

I'm a currently skint, so I bought one of the cheap kits of eBay for £95. Run with it for two nights and it's like having floodlights fitted to the front of the car! It's a huge difference to the stock headlamp.

I went for the 4300K bulbs as I'd rather see where I'm going than posing, and anything over 6000K uses coloured filters on the bulbs, so you're losing light, which seems a bit pointless to me.

I was a bit worried about putting HID bulbs in a reflector headlamp not designed for it, but I have a really good beam pattern with a sharp cut off, and no one has flashed me, so I'm obviously not dazzling oncoming traffic either.

I'm a currently skint, so I bought one of the cheap kits of eBay for £95. Run with it for two nights and it's like having floodlights fitted to the front of the car! It's a huge difference to the stock headlamp.

I went for the 4300K bulbs as I'd rather see where I'm going than posing, and anything over 6000K uses coloured filters on the bulbs, so you're losing light, which seems a bit pointless to me.

I was a bit worried about putting HID bulbs in a reflector headlamp not designed for it, but I have a really good beam pattern with a sharp cut off, and no one has flashed me, so I'm obviously not dazzling oncoming traffic either.

dude how was the quality of this £95 kit? I have been looking at it for some time, thinking whether I should buy it or not.. please share your experience.

• 2 weeks later...
Just had IS200 headlights upgraded to HID.

Kit only cost £150, absolutely top value, and compnents- no chopping wires etc, everything is plug n' play.

Only took 20 mins to install, and the end result looks amazing- a real head turner.

Got them from a great kid called Nads, he owns hid (Manchester based), but the website's not up and running yet?.

Get ringing, best £150 you can spend!

have u got photos of the kit on ur car with the lights on?

dude how was the quality of this £95 kit? I have been looking at it for some time, thinking whether I should buy it or not.. please share your experience.

Sorry, only just seen this. Anyway, the kit seems very good, although as I've not done an HID conversion before, I have nothing to compare it to. However, it has transformed my lighting and visibility. The only thing that does worry me is the ballasts buzz quite loudly (can only hear them with bonnet up though) although this may be normal - someone else can confirm this I hope.

It was easy to fit, took about 20 mins to do. the only thing was that connecting the headlamp to the ballast was the opposite way round to what I expected - first time round the headlamps didn't work, but once I reversed the connection it was fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, only just seen this. Anyway, the kit seems very good, although as I've not done an HID conversion before, I have nothing to compare it to. However, it has transformed my lighting and visibility. The only thing that does worry me is the ballasts buzz quite loudly (can only hear them with bonnet up though) although this may be normal - someone else can confirm this I hope.

It was easy to fit, took about 20 mins to do. the only thing was that connecting the headlamp to the ballast was the opposite way round to what I expected - first time round the headlamps didn't work, but once I reversed the connection it was fine.

Having worked at Hella for a couple years, yes the ballast will buzz, yes it is normal, but it should be relatively quiet. If the light starts to strobe badly then your ballast is on its way out. Then it will hum like a bugger.

To answer the question about putting HID's in a halogen reflector assembly. I gave this a bit of thought and as long as the centre of the the HID (the little void at the centre of the HID that emits the light) sits at the same position (to within 0.5mm or so), as the centre of the halogen filament, then it should make no difference to the beam (or its legality), in fact it'll make the edges of the headlight beam more crisp.

As for the colour temp, blue white good, purple white bad. Why? Your eye responds best to blue and green meaning that the forty tonner heading straight for you is more likely to see the blue headlights than the purple IRRESPECTIVE of the candela/lux/luminance of whatever they want to call it.

• 3 weeks later...

Having worked at Hella for a couple years, yes the ballast will buzz, yes it is normal, but it should be relatively quiet. If the light starts to strobe badly then your ballast is on its way out. Then it will hum like a bugger.

To answer the question about putting HID's in a halogen reflector assembly. I gave this a bit of thought and as long as the centre of the the HID (the little void at the centre of the HID that emits the light) sits at the same position (to within 0.5mm or so), as the centre of the halogen filament, then it should make no difference to the beam (or its legality), in fact it'll make the edges of the headlight beam more crisp.

As for the colour temp, blue white good, purple white bad. Why? Your eye responds best to blue and green meaning that the forty tonner heading straight for you is more likely to see the blue headlights than the purple IRRESPECTIVE of the candela/lux/luminance of whatever they want to call it.

Not convince at that mate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVuSSdZNsZw

If you buy HID conversion kit you shouldn't put them into a halogen reflector assembly they are not designed for it and are illegal, take you car to an MOT shop and see what they say though you may be ok but doubt it

Hey.

Just finished installing my HID 6k lights on my IS. Cost me £220, took me half an hour to install and I'm an idiot with electronics. If I can do it, so can a Baboon. Can't believe the difference - never looking back.

Keith

which kit did u get?

Hey.

Just finished installing my HID 6k lights on my IS. Cost me £220, took me half an hour to install and I'm an idiot with electronics. If I can do it, so can a Baboon. Can't believe the difference - never looking back.

Keith

which kit did u get?

Kit called Prius from Autobulbsdirect.com. Highly recommended. Not the cheapest I'm sure but a doddle to fit. I've heard with some kits you have to remove the headlight.

Keith