Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I noticed somthing strange when filling up I normally go to my local ASDA where its 41p lpg but they where closed early so went to shell where its 47p lpg obviously a full tank makes a difference in to total cost but what I was concerned with was that I filled up more than 55ltr of lpg in my tank and it was still going in :huh:

I stopped at 57ltr as I was told my tank is an 80ltr spare wheel tank so I should get about 55ltr max!! but i got in another 2 ltrs is this normal and plus it didnt shut off when I was expecting it to do near to 55ltr ( I almost let it run dry - I wanted to know how many local miles I could to a full tank). The time was around 8pm but its normally at around this time when id fill up from ASDA too.

Has anyone else experienced this. :unsure:

FACTS-

1) The ASDA one is on a hill slightly slanting forward where as the shell is flat

2) The ASDA one pumps slowly where as the shell is very faster like normal petrol delivery

3) When I fill up from ASDA my 4th green light dont stay on for that long where as from Shell it stayed on longer(obviously I filled up more tham I expected)

could these make a difference :blush:

I use Morrisons and when I have emptied my tank it has taken up to 58 ltrs. I have a 70 ltr tank so an 80 ltr tank should take a bit more than 58 ltrs (another 8 using the 80% guideline). Can't comment about the flow rate as it varies for me using the same store - could be because the store's tanks were low that it runs slower.

My 75 litre tank takes around 60 litres depending on the pump. Also, some stores have faster pumps than others.

I'd expect you to get about 63-65 litres in there, from empty.

Thanks guys for explaining that I was getting bit worried :crybaby:

next time I will just let it run till the end from empty but from a ASDA its 6p cheaper and makes shed loads of difference when filling up the tank full, Almost £4 (now £4 can go along way - another 40miles lol )

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links