Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Annoying Squeaks

sc430fan

Hi All.....

I have a very annoying squeak that appears to becoming from either the side trim in the back seat behind the drivers seat or somewhere inside it.

Any ideas how I get the side trim off to have a closer look?

It spoils the otherwise beautiful ride!!

Thanks

Paul

One easy thing to eliminate before you go delving too deeply into removing trim is to wipe over the rubber seals all round the roof panels etc with rubber/nylon lub. Easiest to do this while the roof is hanging in the half-open 'L' position - same position as you use to get at the rear window to clean it.

I do this a few times a year and it keeps the body flexing squeaks subdued. Hopefully that'll cure it for you too.

I thought I was the only car experiecing the squeaks ( same place) left back rear. took it to the dealer who said it might be a screw came off. Thanks for the advice I will try the rubber lub... any type in particular.

I thought I was the only car experiecing the squeaks ( same place) left back rear. took it to the dealer who said it might be a screw came off. Thanks for the advice I will try the rubber lub... any type in particular.

I just use regular Halfords rubber/nylon lub - comes in a yellow aerosol can at ~£4. It does mist well so best trap it by spraying on a lint free cloth first and then wipe the seals - don't want to get it on that nice leather :-).

• 2 weeks later...

I just use regular Halfords rubber/nylon lub - comes in a yellow aerosol can at ~£4. It does mist well so best trap it by spraying on a lint free cloth first and then wipe the seals - don't want to get it on that nice leather :-).

Hi guys sorry for the late reply. I have been away............ The squeak must be from the rubbers because it goes when the roof is off, fantastic weather at the mo. I have tried using Armoural will let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Paul

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links