Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Strut Brace Assistance

Unregistered_User

Hi there all,

I've just bought myself a rear Cusco Strut Brace for 60 squids and I'm looking to purchase the front version to match. TDI are offering the different Cusco braces but I'm struggling to understand the various terminology in the title descriptions.

Here is the link to the page containing the strut braces:

http://www.tdi-plc.com/catalog/index.php?c...197_214_384_394

This is the rear Cusco brace I've just got:

CUSCOOS.jpg

I'm wanting the front version with the blue turret clamps to match. The prices are all different as well, so there must be a hell of a difference or something?

Thanks for the help,

Jamie

Hi there all,

I've just bought myself a rear Cusco Strut Brace for 60 squids and I'm looking to purchase the front version to match. TDI are offering the different Cusco braces but I'm struggling to understand the various terminology in the title descriptions.

Here is the link to the page containing the strut braces:

http://www.tdi-plc.com/catalog/index.php?c...197_214_384_394

This is the rear Cusco brace I've just got:

CUSCOOS.jpg

I'm wanting the front version with the blue turret clamps to match. The prices are all different as well, so there must be a hell of a difference or something?

Thanks for the help,

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

The differences are to do with the construction material.

Please email me at mark@tdi-plc.com

I have cusco front and rear, oval type.

rear goes on fine.

front with standard airbox mine resonated on the airbox so i made up some 3mm spacer shimms to go onto the suspension top mount bits.

when i got my prolex induction kit it was a little higher so it hit the induction kit again, with this i modified the strut bar and cut a small section out but without cutting into the middle lip of the strut bar (to keep its strength)

Don't really notice any difference with the strut bars, steering maybe a little crisper than without the bar.

Next time i think i will spend my money on ARB's

DSC00411.jpg

Slightly off topic, what strut brace fits over a TTE air box?

none unfortunately :(

I'm sure Bazza got the Cusco to fit, with a little work.

Bazza has the induction kit ;) and yes the Cusco has needed a slight modification to fit with the induction kit

Slightly off topic, what strut brace fits over a TTE air box?

none unfortunately :(

I'm sure Bazza got the Cusco to fit, with a little work.

Bazza has the induction kit ;) and yes the Cusco has needed a slight modification to fit with the induction kit

correct i had the cusco with the air box fitted

slight modification to the bar and struts to make it fit

clearance is a problem on the intake pipe not so much the airbox

here is the original thread

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links