Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Parking Light Bulb

Hi,hope someone can help me.I have a 2000(X) Lexus RX300.My passenger side parking light bulb needs replacing and I cant see how you can get to change it from the engine compartment.It doesn't even show how to in the owners manual.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 11 months later...

Hi,hope someone can help me.I have a 2000(X) Lexus RX300.My passenger side parking light bulb needs replacing and I cant see how you can get to change it from the engine compartment.It doesn't even show how to in the owners manual.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same model and the exact same problem. Did you ever figure out how to get to this bulb in the fender? Thanks!

Why do you need a parking light on the passenger side? When parking at night on the left hand side of the road you only need the offside lights illuminated. Do all your sidelights work? If so. you dont have a problem.

Why do you need a parking light on the passenger side? When parking at night on the left hand side of the road you only need the offside lights illuminated. Do all your sidelights work? If so. you dont have a problem.

I believe Smythy is referring to what we have always called sidelights......which of course are the "parking" lights.....I won't get into my pet annoyance of peeps who still drive around using parking lights ONLY in the belief (usually as dim as the lights themselves) that 5 watts is enough to be seen on todays ever busier roads! :shutit: :D

But unfortunately the answer above is correct.....the wheel arch liner has to be moved to gain access to the W5W bulbs.......

Best regards David