Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, I'm A New Lexus Owner

Rory

I just bought a Lexus IS200SE (pictured) and i've had nothing but problems with the cd player. being that it doesn't read any of my own made cds (altho they play fine in my other players) it comes up with the ERROR1 message, what should I do?

beef-n-onion_24325952.jpg

I want a spoiler for the back, not a silly huge one, a lip one or maybe a little bigger

I'm still chasing up the books from the dealer, and they are takin the mick, i'm gonna see what else i can get from them for my inconvenience

Also, it came with 18" chrome wheels already on it and i'm looking to buy a set of standard Lexus 17" alloys instead, will the wheels of the latest IS fit on mine? or is anyone selling any SE wheels with tyres from a 2000 model?

any handy info is greatly appreciated

hi rory, welcome to loc.

i have the same problem with the cd player on a 2001 car and always with copy cd's but not all of them.also happens when it changes weather so could be moisture on the cd or lense and also cheap cd's :)

Should i have the unit replaced? how much does this cost? Or would I be better getting an after,arket system? can anyone help with the other stuff I mentioned? wheels from the latest model etc?

Please tell me anythin I may need to know, or any handy info
Yes, if we get snow / ice again, be very careful as the back end can be twitchy.

Check the water pump, another common problem and they can leak :)

Make sure those tyres have had a good old geometry check, so you don't start shredding tyres !

Good luck, and welcome :D

Cheers, its got nearly 60k on the clock so its goin in for a full service, someone said they paid nearly £2k for a full service at 60k miles, can it really be that expensive? if so, I might have to part with it for somethin easier on the wallet :(

Hi Rory,

Welcome along mate...

Not sure about the new-model IS wheels, but you can have the existing ones refinished for not all that much money. When I bought my GS it came with chromed wheels that needed tarting up, but the dealer had so much trouble getting them refinished that in the end I told them to just have them sanded, sprayed silver, and relacquered. So now they look perfectly standard without going to the effort of replacing them. I wasn't paying for it, but I doubt it cost more than about 50 quid a wheel.

As for the service, that's just silly money - he must have had something seriously wrong with it to pay that much. Maybe £400 would be more like it - not cheap, but the 60k is one of the most major ones apart from the 100k cambelt change one (you need plugs etc at 60k).

Mike

I'm more than happy with that then, people had me worried

still no suggestions on whether to replace the cd changer for the same one or aftermarket one...

i'll check the fitments for the wheels, I quite like the standard 17" that come with some of the 2006 IS models

Excellent, i've tried a lens cleaner already, that seemed to make it worse actually, it was a scotch lens cleaner that I had been recommended, i'll nip up to Lexus today and see what they can do

I'm more than happy with that then, people had me worried

still no suggestions on whether to replace the cd changer for the same one or aftermarket one...

i'll check the fitments for the wheels, I quite like the standard 17" that come with some of the 2006 IS models

This was covered in a recent post. The second generation 17" and 18" OEM's do fit the first generation, as the wheel offset (45 mm)is the same. However the rolling radius is different, so don't expect to buy a second hand set and fit them to your IS200 without having to pay for newer lower profile tyres.

The other difference is the staggered widths. The second generation model has 8" wide wheels on the front and 8.5" wide on the rear, but they fit fine (I have my 'old' 250 wheels on my IS200 Sport). :)

The CD player is quite sensitive, so if your CD burner doesn't burn the CD well, it will have trouble. Might be worth trying with a CD burned on a different PC so see if its the CDs or the headunit that's the problem.

However, the ERR1 thing does happen (I had my stereo replaced under warranty for it). Unless you can find one on eBay, or at a breakers, I think the stereo will cost a lot to buy from a dealer. So in my opinion, your only option would be to go aftermarket, for the money you'd need to spend on the Lexus one you could get something very nice indeed :)

This was covered in a recent post. The second generation 17" and 18" OEM's do fit the first generation, as the wheel offset (45 mm)is the same. However the rolling radius is different, so don't expect to buy a second hand set and fit them to your IS200 without having to pay for newer lower profile tyres.

The other difference is the staggered widths. The second generation model has 8" wide wheels on the front and 8.5" wide on the rear, but they fit fine (I have my 'old' 250 wheels on my IS200 Sport). :)

Ah, Thanks for that, i'll cross that bridge when my current tyres are ready to change, I already know how to figure out which size tyres i'm gonna need so i'm glad you pointed out the difference in these new wheels, much appreciated

All my cd's play fine on every other player i've tried them in though, so the problem must lie with the Lexus cd player, i'll get a price first, do places like Halfords do the correct surrounds or do they have to be bought seperately?

I get my private plates assigned by Saturday (or Monday) yay!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links