Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I own a 1998 LS400 and it's running great still(knock on wood) with 168,000 miles on it....Anyway, I have this good deal to pick up the HID kit from a 2005 LS430, which my dad happens to own one. His HID's look great. I was really hoping that someone or anyone can tell me how tough of a process it is to install the HID's off of a 2005 LS430 onto a 1998 LS400. I can install systems and headunits and whatnot, but does anyone have any knowledge on HID conversion from the other car? I tried to search, but didn't have much luck finding the info I am looking for, but any help would be really appreciated..thank you!!!

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I own a 1998 LS400 and it's running great still(knock on wood) with 168,000 miles on it....Anyway, I have this good deal to pick up the HID kit from a 2005 LS430, which my dad happens to own one. His HID's look great. I was really hoping that someone or anyone can tell me how tough of a process it is to install the HID's off of a 2005 LS430 onto a 1998 LS400. I can install systems and headunits and whatnot, but does anyone have any knowledge on HID conversion from the other car? I tried to search, but didn't have much luck finding the info I am looking for, but any help would be really appreciated..thank you!!!

Could be tricky to get LS430 parts to fit an LS400, although in the UK the 1998 onwards LS400's came with HID as standard so might be easier to pursue getting parts from a MKIV LS400 in the first place.

Could be tricky to get LS430 parts to fit an LS400, although in the UK the 1998 onwards LS400's came with HID as standard so might be easier to pursue getting parts from a MKIV LS400 in the first place.

I might be an ignoramus but what does HID stand for as I have a 1998 MKIV LS400 and don't recall the initials