Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Confidential New Car Sale

Tango

OK..opened my post today and there's a letter from my local stealership informing me of 'an exclusive offer only available to our valued existing customers' . To cut a long story short they have 27 vehicles, guaranteed brand new UK supplied from the manufacturere, not pre-registered or imports, that they are offering at cost price in the month of March. The confidential price list will be circulated to their sales team on Saturday 24th February and withdrawn on 3rd March.

Anyone else had this offer???

If they thought I'm going to jump for joy at this offer they're very much mistaken as the same dealership wouldn't give me a penny of discount on my fully specced SE-L that I bought in December 2005 :angry:

OK..opened my post today and there's a letter from my local stealership informing me of 'an exclusive offer only available to our valued existing customers' . To cut a long story short they have 27 vehicles, guaranteed brand new UK supplied from the manufacturere, not pre-registered or imports, that they are offering at cost price in the month of March. The confidential price list will be circulated to their sales team on Saturday 24th February and withdrawn on 3rd March.

Anyone else had this offer???

If they thought I'm going to jump for joy at this offer they're very much mistaken as the same dealership wouldn't give me a penny of discount on my fully specced SE-L that I bought in December 2005 :angry:

Old trick, i had one the other year, just B4 the new is250 came out :o saying more or less the same, had to go to dealer for the price list :duh:

May be of use if you have no part exchange, but if you want them to take your old car then you will get rock bottom for it. Wonder where all this stock is sitting is it actually at the dealers and is it latest model year?

My guess is no and no.

Is there was that much stock around, they would be telling people things like 'we've got one in blue, and you can have it straightaway rather than the 2 months you're waiting for your red one' etc.

As to where they come from, cancelled fleet orders maybe? They're obviously new and UK, since they're coming through official dealerships. Or possibly that list of 27 vehicles is spread amongst a few neighbouring dealerships - 5 or 6 dealerships may well have that many brand new cars between them they need shot of...

My guess is no and no.

Is there was that much stock around, they would be telling people things like 'we've got one in blue, and you can have it straightaway rather than the 2 months you're waiting for your red one' etc.

As to where they come from, cancelled fleet orders maybe? They're obviously new and UK, since they're coming through official dealerships. Or possibly that list of 27 vehicles is spread amongst a few neighbouring dealerships - 5 or 6 dealerships may well have that many brand new cars between them they need shot of...

It notes that the LS460 isn't included in the offer...I wonder why :whistling:

No way am I going to trade in my 250 SE-L...any new replacement may have a rattle :D

No way am I going to trade in my 250 SE-L...any new replacement may have a rattle :D

It's seemed to me that the rattle issue was an early production issue and should be resolved for any new cars,

from all the posts I've read.

These mailings always make me laugh - wish they'd stick to genuine price competitivity rather than wasting my money on frivolous postage and print. Just upsets me that we're financing this exercise...well TBH they are all at it - not just Lexus.

All dealers will do this at the right time if sales are poor.

Also dealer will sell brand new cars at LESS THAN COST PRICE if the need to meet their sales quotas and are near the end of a qtr.

Manufacturers give large bonus payments to dealers for exceeding their quarterly targets and any 'loss' a dealer makes on heaver discounts is more than made up by this bonus payment at the end of the qtr.

I bought my Brand new GS at the end of last year (between Xmas and New year) but I said I didn't wan't delivery until 1st March.

To cut a long story short - I got a VERY large discount on the price of the GS and they gave me well over book price on the car I was trading in !!

It does pay to pick the time of year to buy new !!

The Ed

Can't blame for trying to hit March Targets that they obviously haven't hit...

November and May are notoriously difficult months - no one wants to buy a brand new car then.

PS - Drivethedeal.co.uk - and believe me the dealer will match the pice quoted!!

250SE, Auto, MM, Mica - discounted by over £3400, selling at £27,280. This is a model they had a 7 month waiting list for 12 months ago...

220d SE, Mica, MM - Discounted by over £3200, selling at £25,750. This is over £2000 more of a discount then I got a year ago.

The darker side -

BMW320d SE, 6CD, Metallic, Bluetooth, Prof Nav, Leather - Discounted by just over £2000, selling at £27,751

Audi A4 170 SE, Comms Pack, Metallic, Leather - discounted by just over £3000, selling at £24,595 - REMEMBER THIS CAR IS BEING REPLACED SOON

SO I would say that the IS's really aren't selling well enough, or they have too many in-hand! Bottom line is that this does not bode well for used values of this car (1-2 years old), regardless of what GA, Black book etc say! I was banking on this car holding it's value very well...

It's seemed to me that the rattle issue was an early production issue and should be resolved for any new cars,

from all the posts I've read.

:offtopic: Yea, right :lol: ..as I've said previously, mine is completely free of rattles and it was delivered December 2005. Perhaps they had a lapse of concentration on the production line after the initial production. Still paranoid though...got a rattle at the week-end, but it was only a CD case in the glove box :huh: .

Regarding prices, I have a spreadsheet of the new 2007 USA dealer prices for the IS 250/RWD/AWD/350 with all the various options available...I'd post it but it'll make current owners weep :angry:

e.g. IS 350 Luxury Sport Sedan - 6ECTi RRP £18,310.00 New Dealer Price £15,564.00

IS 250 Luxury Sport Sedan - 6ECTi RRP £16,116.00 New Dealer Price £13,698.00

- Mark Levinson Premium Audio Package w/AM/FM/CD Changer and 14 speakers RRP £482 New Dealer Price £386

- 18" Alloy Wheels with summer tires (RWD Models Only) RRP £369 New Dealer Price £295

Tango, I weeped whilst being out there recently - saw the IS250 at the dealers, in the showroom, fully specced for the price of a UK Mondeo 1.8 base!

Boohoo

Yes, and it's not just the prices. The variety of option packs available to add to the base model almost rival BMW (although not as expensive :D ). The ML system I posted is a 'base' system, the full NAV & ML is available as a separate option for £1703:

Navigation System/Mark Levinson Premium Audio Package includes DVD Changer and 14 speakers,

Voice Activation, Bluetooth, and Backup Monitor

...and there's a Sport Pack as a separate option for £1516 !!!! :crying:

Sport Package includes 225/40R18 + 255/40R18 Alloy Wheels with Summer Tires, Sport Tuned Suspension, Bi-Xenon HID + AFS w/Auto Level Headlamps; Perforated Leather seats, heated and ventilated frontseats with Lexus Memory System, Alloy Brake and Accelerator Pedals; Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Wheel,,Rain-Sensing Wipers (IS350 Only)