Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Single Din Facia

Hi all :) , this is my first post (forum noobie), so apologies if not in the right place. :duh:

I have an IS200SE 2001 Auto.

I am replacing my IS200SE head unit & Amplifier with a nice

Alpine/Rockford Fosgate/JL Audio system. :D

The H.U will be single din fitment.

I have seen the Autoleads Single DIN Facia (FP-25-00) but

am not really happy with the bobbly finish. :crybaby:

I have been told there is a Toyota Altezza replacement facia

(ORIG TRIM Part Number 55413-53010) but have been told

by Lexus Bromley that this is possibly a 2 din size hole,

and they can't be sure it is single din. :tsktsk:

I don't wanna waste £45

Does anyone know if this is correct info ? I just want the dash to

look as good as possible as the Autoleads kit doesn't quite

have the factory fit (little gaps , bobbly finish).

Thanks for the help guys (IS or Altezza crew)

Wozza

Hi all :) , this is my first post (forum noobie), so apologies if not in the right place. :duh:

I have an IS200SE 2001 Auto.

I am replacing my IS200SE head unit & Amplifier with a nice

Alpine/Rockford Fosgate/JL Audio system. :D

The H.U will be single din fitment.

I have seen the Autoleads Single DIN Facia (FP-25-00) but

am not really happy with the bobbly finish. :crybaby:

I have been told there is a Toyota Altezza replacement facia

(ORIG TRIM Part Number 55413-53010) but have been told

by Lexus Bromley that this is possibly a 2 din size hole,

and they can't be sure it is single din. :tsktsk:

I don't wanna waste £45

Does anyone know if this is correct info ? I just want the dash to

look as good as possible as the Autoleads kit doesn't quite

have the factory fit (little gaps , bobbly finish).

Thanks for the help guys (IS or Altezza crew)

Wozza

I dont think ur going to get an exact match. There isnt one available from a Lexus dealer as far as i know. so Autoleads one is ur best bet. the one i have is adjustable so you can fit either a single or double din HU into it if desired. Dont have a part number though

I dont think ur going to get an exact match. There isnt one available from a Lexus dealer as far as i know. so Autoleads one is ur best bet. the one i have is adjustable so you can fit either a single or double din HU into it if desired. Dont have a part number though

Not true, the official toyota part is going to be the closest match you can get :)

From what I remember its a double din, but has a blanking plate in the centre - just cut out the section you need for your stereo. There's also a storage box that can be bought separately to sit under the stereo if you're only using the single din.

Think it doesn't have slots for the heated seat switches though

Think it doesn't have slots for the heated seat switches though

that's on a seperate part though so surely it will not affect it.

the origional part is aparently an exact match, I think scarface first pointed it out. I'm sure it is a single din but can't be a hundred percent sure. try and contact scarface.

There is another thread about this somwhere, i was just reading it. There is definately a Toyota fascia costing around £45

Hi guys thanks for reading my post.

There is a genuine Toyota part listed for the Altezza

(ORIG TRIM Part Number 55413-53010) but am told it might be

with a double not single din hole .

I already have an Autoleads Single DIN Facia (FP-25-00)

but looking at it makes me hope something better is available.

Does anyone have one of the Genuine Toyota parts in use,

and does it allow for the heated seat switches and traction control

buttons to be fitted ?

If so is it just like the dash link supplied by NOEL earlier in this topic ?

Yep that's what I was looking for but couldn't find - as Noel posted that's the proper Toyota part. It has a blanking plate so you can basically put in whatever size stereo you have, and if single DIN you can also order the storage box that will sit neatly below it.

However, as I said, it will not house the heated seat switches, although as it appears its a storage compartment instead, I'm sure you'll be able to mount the switches in there.

Totally confused as to why there isn't one that has a place for the switches though - aren't the heated seats at least an option in Japan?

the heated seat buttonbit is a seperatepiece that fits below the stereofasciaas far as im concerened!so shouldnt mater when ordering tis part from toota

Hi, if you follow the LINK you will see the Toyota (ORIG TRIM Part Number 55413-53010) is a double din that can be cut to fit either single or double din. The problem is at the bottom it looks like there is a provision for the Traction control, but where the Heated Seats switches go there is a pain in the :tsktsk: gap.

Have any Members actually got one of these in use in an IS200/Altezza ? If so can they post some pictures?

I was possibly thinking of putting the small cubbyhole tray from an Autoleads kit underneath my single din

H.U. in this facia but the heated seats switches will not fit straight in and will look like a bit of a botch/cowboy fit, which is what I wanted to avoid in the first place.

If I cant find a good looking solution, then its the bobbly Autoleads Single/Double DIN Facia (FP-25-00) for me .

DOH !!!

Cheers for you help so far guys

Wozza

To clear up any confusion, no the toyota part does not have spaces for the heated seat switches. I don't know if you could find some way to cut the bottom off the new part and use the original part for the switches - doubt that would be easy though.

Some pics to clarify:

Blanking plate:

dsc02604small1fx.jpg

Double din:

garage_mod-1541-1085687324.jpg

Single din with storage box:

dsc03191small8xk.jpg

Hope this helps you decide :)

WOW !!

Thanks so much, I have all the info I think I need, great pictures.

May buy one of these and have a go with a replacement heated seats/traction control panel

with some filler, sandpaper, and black paint.

Thanks again Parthiban

I'll be posting some pics of the install when I decide what I'm doing.

Wozza

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links