Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

In Car Entertainment

Rory

Lexus told me a new stereo would cost me £1000, to repair my old stereo would cost me £300, So i've decided to see what aftermarket systems I can get for £300

I want to know what anyone recommends, brands, retailers, etc. what to steer clear of, i've seen lots of what can only be described as "knock-off" import rubbish on eBay, from brands i've never heard of, so i'm not looking to buy off eBay, also, do the staff at Halfords who fit them, actually know how to do it properly?

Any advice is more than welcome

Rory

Lexus told me a new stereo would cost me £1000, to repair my old stereo would cost me £300, So i've decided to see what aftermarket systems I can get for £300

I want to know what anyone recommends, brands, retailers, etc. what to steer clear of, i've seen lots of what can only be described as "knock-off" import rubbish on ebay, from brands i've never heard of, so i'm not looking to buy off ebay, also, do the staff at halfords who fit them, actually know how to do it properly?

Any advice is more than welcome

Rory

Not sure id trust Halfords to do my car stereo. On other cars maybe, but the IS is not an easy system to just fit an aftermarket stereo to.

Not sure id trust Halfords to do my car stereo. On other cars maybe, but the IS is not an easy system to just fit an aftermarket stereo to.

get the stereo adapter off e-bay. it just plugs into the other end of the inbuilt amp and doesn't wreck the cars wiring. I cant find one at the moment but I think there listed as 'lexus Stereo amp by-pass lead'. then fit the stereo yourself. you can get a genuine stereo facia from lexus at £45, it will blend in with the rest really well.

how would I get my current one out? i'm really not clever when it comes to car stereos

Just found Lexus is200 se sport amplifier by pass lead adaptor on eBay, is this the one i'd need? its item number 170083453433 and its £55, what exactly does it do, it suggests to me that the on board amplifier is not used with the aftermarket system that I would use, will the sound quality be as good in this case?

I did all my own stero fella its not that hard, just a couple of bolts here and there.

Ive got a facia adaptor lexus one and some 6x9s if u want/need them.

Im not sure if its all models but the 6x9s run different oms 2 and 4 to the tweeter and the speaker so u will probably need to change them, but this is very easy, just wip the back seats out 10 min job then you can just unbolt and put the new ones in.

How much u want for them? have u got a pic of the fascia that I can look at? mite very well be interested in that

I can post them up at the weekend. The fasic i used for a few weeks, but it doesn have the spaces for the heated seats so i got a new one.

The 6x9's are maystars ones never used herd ok stuff about them for the price so u can have them for i dunno like £60 or something. if u want them that is.

but it doesn have the spaces for the heated seats so i got a new one.

Which one did you then go for then because i have the heated seats and i dont want to buy the Lexus one if the buttons dont fit, i was looking at a fascia from eBay about £15 and also the amp bypass cable and then i was going to find some new Alpine 6 X 9's to go along with my new head unit which i have also got another screen to mount in the back somewhere, has anyone ever mounted a screen in the back? and got pictures?

Head Unit : http://www.alpine-europe.com/content/cms/i...a119723538707c8

any suggestions on some good speakers to put in the front and rear doors and the rear would be good cheers.

I'm quite a fan of my heated seats, so i'll pass on the fascia thanks, I'm not really in need of any speakers either, but if anyone has a nice Spoiler already painted in Kensington Green, let me know...

Do the fascias on eBay (with button holes in) fit very well? also, can someone tell me step by step the process for replacing my Lexus CD player with an aftermarket one...? :D Thanks, this is just so I know how much faffin about with the amp cables etc

I WANT A SPOILER.....

Rory m8

You need to go see my m8 Neil Wells he owns Global Ice Wired in Bolton.

He will sort you out and discuss the many options you have available

Heres the website

http://globalicewired.co.uk/portal/

Tell him Dave has told you to go down

that might be worth the trip for me.....looking at a touch screen set-up at present :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links