Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Front Lights

DINO

Hi all,

My passenger side frint light keeps on steaming up. I have taken the light out countless amounts of time and sealed it all round. Never messed around with the breathing sponges located at the back. (2 approx, 1 at top and one in the corner) Aslo never covered the breathing slots at the side and bottom, near the indicator. What can it be, should I just buy a new one, how much are they, and wheres the cheapest place to get them. It has annoyed me for a while every morning or after the car has been used in the night, I have to check the front to see if it steamed, it really fustrates me, as you could imagine. :tsktsk: Your help will be much appreciated. :crying: TKS

Hi all,

My passenger side frint light keeps on steaming up. I have taken the light out countless amounts of time and sealed it all round. Never messed around with the breathing sponges located at the back. (2 approx, 1 at top and one in the corner) Aslo never covered the breathing slots at the side and bottom, near the indicator. What can it be, should I just buy a new one, how much are they, and wheres the cheapest place to get them. It has annoyed me for a while every morning or after the car has been used in the night, I have to check the front to see if it steamed, it really fustrates me, as you could imagine. :tsktsk: Your help will be much appreciated. :crying: TKS

Come on fellas, surley theres someone who can answer the above.

Think new lights are 80 - 90 quid a side?

Can't remember if I once saw something on here saying that drilling a hole did the job or whether it was a case of filling everything with silicon?

Getting new one's should sort the problem - think you can get the problem if you aim a jetwash directly at the lights?

Hi Dino

This is my first post! My drivers side light is badly condensed up too. How did you remove the light? I can only see one bolt on the slam panel and one nut just under front wing (almost impossible to get at) How is it fastened at the bottom? I don't want to buy a new light if I can help it.

cheers