Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Micro Fibre Polishing/cleaning Cloths

Cooper S

I have tried a search for previous posts on this subject but nothing really has the information Im looking for.

Im about to by some of these cloths, I've not used them before. Im aware that a mix with cotton is best, anyone have any suggestions please.

I have tried a search for previous posts on this subject but nothing really has the information Im looking for.

Im about to by some of these cloths, I've not used them before. Im aware that a mix with cotton is best, anyone have any suggestions please.

I just buy the Halfords ones, there's a light blue and a dark blue one together. I think there pretty good I now use them instead of chamois leather.

The autopia site is where I buy all my stuff from. I use different micro-fibre cloths for drying, polishing, glass / chrome, interior etc etc. They all do different things. Have a good read on the how to section on the autopia site or even in the car care knowledge base and all is explained so you can buy what you need / want it for. :)

I swear by 'em. Wrap one around the sponge when lathering the car too, it stops the sponge carrying the cr4p back onto the car, and you can rinse them between sudding in clean water!!

IF you have a COSTO card, or know someone that does, go there. You can buy 20 of them for 8.99 incl VAT, and they are good ones.

Cotton ones are best, but they are also pricier. Careful if you get Nylon ones, don't rub too hard, else they will add swirls to the paintwork.

They make mince meat of polishes too, it is sooo easy to take off hazed Sealant Glaze and things like "Scratch X" etc with a MF cloth compared to normal cloths.

Worth every penny in my book.

I swear by 'em. Wrap one around the sponge when lathering the car too, it stops the sponge carrying the cr4p back onto the car, and you can rinse them between sudding in clean water!!

IF you have a COSTO card, or know someone that does, go there. You can buy 20 of them for 8.99 incl VAT, and they are good ones.

Cotton ones are best, but they are also pricier. Careful if you get Nylon ones, don't rub too hard, else they will add swirls to the paintwork.

They make mince meat of polishes too, it is sooo easy to take off hazed Sealant Glaze and things like "Scratch X" etc with a MF cloth compared to normal cloths.

Worth every penny in my book.

Also worth the investment is a microfibre wash mitt from Autopia and their small California duster. Threw all my sponges away...not worth the risk anymore. also have a large silicon blade for removing the excess rinse water from the bodywork before using the Autopia blue microfibre drying towels...cuts the time in half.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...