Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dba Discs

Hank B

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hank B @ Feb 23 2007, 07:15 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--> I'm thinkin about going for the DBA 4000s from tdi, does anyone know if they are any good, and is the price on their site each or a pair?

Not sure from TDi , but should be for a pair...you wouldn't dream off fitting a single disc! I purchased mine from DBA direct (probably cheaper) and I've had them on my IS200 Sport for a couple of years now, with Mintex brake pads and they've been fine. Look pretty good too :D

B)-->

QUOTE(Hank B @ Feb 23 2007, 09:50 PM)
If you dont mind me askin how much did you guys pay for yours, coz the tdi price looks really cheap thats why I think it is each rather than a pair, they're sayin 80 odd quid!

Got my DBA's for about the same price as the Group buy..special offer + Gold discount, so the TDI price is probably each...bit naughty really, 'cos who going to be buying other than matched pairs?

B)-->

QUOTE(Hank B @ Feb 23 2007, 09:50 PM)

If you dont mind me askin how much did you guys pay for yours, coz the tdi price looks really cheap thats why I think it is each rather than a pair, they're sayin 80 odd quid!

Looking at there website i'd say that is for the pair, as the title for them says "discs". Also the rears are priced at £180 surely that can't be for 1?

I've E-mailed them to find out.

If it ends up being price each then I reckon I'll just go for the set from pro lex, not DBA but you get the full set of 4 discs and mintex pads all round for 300 odd quid, good deal if you ask me. Anyone got these, any reviews? :duh:

• 2 weeks later...

B)-->

QUOTE(Hank B @ Feb 25 2007, 06:32 AM)

I've E-mailed them to find out.

If it ends up being price each then I reckon I'll just go for the set from pro lex, not DBA but you get the full set of 4 discs and mintex pads all round for 300 odd quid, good deal if you ask me. Anyone got these, any reviews? :duh:

After a long time waiting, I finally got my DBA 4000 series slotted rotors. What a difference they make! I'm only running Bendix General CT brake pads and apparently they are no where near as good as Mintex pads, but I can tell you stopping from 120km/h to 40km/h is a lot faster than the stock brakes, braking also feels smoother and stopping rate is more linear. Strongly recommended.

was that price each or for the pair?

They e-mailed me back it was price each! sneaky sods! I might still get them cause that still makes them just over 160 for the pair which aint too bad. :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Finally bit the bullet and bought DBA's all round, I got them direct from DBA at a better price then TDI were offering. I also got ferodo pads I was gonna get mintex but I was talking to a guy who works in the factory where mintex pads are made, and he said they aint very good and recommended ferodo. I aint got them fitted yet but I cant wait casue mine are warped so bad they're shakin my eye balls out! :duh: