Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi There Everybody!

imyruff

it has an internal microwave sensor that it is the central light unit but no external sensors or tilt/impact sensors.

wind a window down, lock and arm car wait 30 secs and put your arm inside - the alarm "should" go off.

I have to ask.... Does anyone pay any attention to an alarm going off any more? If anyone wants your stuff, then they will toss in a brick, grab your stuff and go. Far better that the car is immobilised and in this way the Lex is as secure as any other modern car as it would take a real pro to bypass the imobiliser, that is why the scuzzers kick in front doors and pinch your keys...So hide your keys when you lock up at night

it has an internal microwave sensor that it is the central light unit but no external sensors or tilt/impact sensors.

wind a window down, lock and arm car wait 30 secs and put your arm inside - the alarm "should" go off.

Is this the same with the older IS's?

The alarm on the Lexus is CRAZY, the horn starts flaring and everything!!! I completely cacked my load when it went off.. Other than that it is classed as Thatch cat 1 & is rated highly... I wouldn't bother replacing it unless you live in some kind of demilitarised zone..