Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Coilovers

Bulldog

I have just been told that i may be receivng some ££££ i thought was lost :D :)

I was wondering what coilovers you all use and what the ride is like.

I bought my Lex for a comfy ride so i want reviews on the types you have and the ride quality and most importantly price :D

Cheers for your help

Dave aka Bulldog :winky:

I've got TTE ones. And yes initially i noticed the difference in Ride but once i had them raised up slightly and drive the car for a little while you barely notice

and the car looks so much better that bit lower!

I have KW Variant 3 ones and I am very pleased, I have not felt a big comfort loss whereas I have set them at -60mm with 75% stiffness. They are perfect for road use, not sure they are stiff enough for track though :unsure:

Dave, I think Eibach springs do the job mate. But If you're after something you can drop even lower and they do give better handling then coilovers are the way to go. TTE are great as are Tein, especially the flex model but be prepared to pay top whack for them.

Just think... What are you after, looks, performance wise. What do you intend doing with your car, performance, track wise. What are the roads like that you normally use???? Then you've got more of an idea what you need / want. :winky:

TTE's should do you fine then mate if you want the lower coilovers. Can't see you wanting to adjust damping?? Depends on what you can get hold of and for what price.

Normally the cheaper coilovers are the TTE's and are also excellent.

Tein, HKS etc are more expensive and you can adjust damping but do you need to adjust damping or will it be overkill??

Also with some of the other makes, knocking noises have been known to occur. But TTE retain the OEM top mounts so you dont get knocking.

Hi i have the tein type flex with edfc on my lex. Awesome set (and perhaps overkill). They are pricey, however the car becomes more focused. When you first get them, even on their softest settings you may think they are touch harsh. I'd say smillar to a Seat Leon Cupra setup stiffness wise. They will go stiffer but i would not recommend using those setting on UK roads unless you are willing to put up with it. Also touch wood, no knocking sounds yet and they've been on for around 6 months.

ive got the HKS hypermax 2's not fitted them yet waiting till i get the turbo and all the other bit fitted.

From what ive read on here and other forums they are supposed to very good and have a ride similar to standard.

Deano

ive got the HKS hypermax 2's

Ive heard that theres some sort of problem with these :blink::huh:

customer with these fitted found one front spring had snapped and both spring mounts....found out just as he was leaving for a holiday in his Lex............