Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ecotek Valve Cb-26p On A Lexus Gs300 Mk1

COMPLETE LOAD OF HORSE POOP

Indeed. I tried one a few years ago on the Mazda MX-3 1.8 V6 24valve I had at the time. The ONLY thing it did was make a farting noise on overrun :duh:

u hadnt got it set up right then!!! u needed to read the instructions to fit!! if it made that noise then u needed to adjust it!!!

there ment to get rid of flat spots and smoothen acceleration and increase mpg. i noticed it a little when i had mine fitted to my mondeo but dont expect too much from them. it isnt no turbo!!!

These magic valve things are like those PTFE oil additives - sounds good in principle, but the reality is a different story.

Those guys in the car factories or oil research labs developing engines and oils are not fools, if something so simple made such a difference, they would be fitted in the factory.

Those guys in the car factories or oil research labs developing engines and oils are not fools, if something so simple made such a difference, they would be fitted in the factory.

yeah ur probably right. but u could say that about anything. why dont dont they do alot of things. it,s for reliabilty and cost cutting. for instace why dont they port, polish, heads or suchlike, the list goes on to what they could do, but the things cost time and money, and most people just want a car thats works well and the manufacturers probably dont want a load of cars they run the risk of recalling because of something that could malfunction. in my opinion. :)

Indeed. I tried one a few years ago on the Mazda MX-3 1.8 V6 24valve I had at the time. The ONLY thing it did was make a farting noise on overrun :duh:

u hadnt got it set up right then!!! u needed to read the instructions to fit!! if it made that noise then u needed to adjust it!!!

there ment to get rid of flat spots and smoothen acceleration and increase mpg. i noticed it a little when i had mine fitted to my mondeo but dont expect too much from them. it isnt no turbo!!!

It was setup perfectly, I even watched the video on thier website and everything. It made no difference to the way the car drove though.

yeah ur probably right. but u could say that about anything. why dont dont they do alot of things. it,s for reliabilty and cost cutting. for instace why dont they port, polish, heads or suchlike, the list goes on to what they could do, but the things cost time and money, and most people just want a car thats works well and the manufacturers probably dont want a load of cars they run the risk of recalling because of something that could malfunction. in my opinion. :)

Agreed, but porting and polishing, even on an industrial mass-production scale, is very expensive and time consuming - unlike a valve that 'swirls the airflow' or whatever Ecotek claim. I'd never suggest that manufacturer's products can't be improved upon, just that it's highly unlikely that something that costs a few quid and bolts right on to any car (etc etc) would be missed by the makers as a cheap and easy answer to achieving that same end for themselves. Especially if the results are even half as good as Ecotek claim.

You also never seem to see these products tested by 'real engineers' like MIRA, only anecdotal evidence (this is especially true for the likes of Slick 50). Car makers and oil companies have buckets of cash, if the product was that great they'd simply buy out the company to get their hands on it!

It was setup perfectly, I even watched the video on thier website and everything. It made no difference to the way the car drove though.

but im sure it says . wait till you hear that noise then wind it back in a few notches till u cant hear it anymore!! at least thats what my instructions said!!

but im sure it says . wait till you hear that noise then wind it back in a few notches till u cant hear it anymore!! at least thats what my instructions said!!

Yeah that was basically it. Just wind it back until it stops making the noise on idle. When you then blip the throttle it should be silent as the revs rise and the make a farting noise as the revs drop to idle.

It still sont make ANY DIFFERENCE! The theory is sound if it's used on an old engine (pre 1970), however on a modern car it's not going to make the blindest bit of difference.