Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help

I need one of these:

DSC00515-1.jpg

It's a protective plastic tray that goes under the car on the drivers side next to the exhaust. it just broke off on the motorway this evening!

On another note, the car has sudenly started to have a shake through the whole car between 50-65mph quite bad but not too scary. any ideas? i asumed it was tracking or perhaps wheel balance but i havnt kerbed the wheels recently or hit anything too bad on the road.

Bit worried but i still love my car.

please help.

Many thanks.

Craig

I had shaking through the car, it was my Lower Ball Joints!! Had the wheels ballenced...nothing, so the next thing was tracking, still nothing!! There was a lil play in the ball joints, so changed them....spot on!!

I spoke to mates dad about it as he used to be a mecanic and we couldn't work it out. went through a list and tried tugging on the wheel and it's solid so not the ball joints. also after about 2 hours I drove in it again and no problems so I was really stuck with ideas but on the way home the car just didnt seem right; I touched the discs when I stoped all were cold except the passengers front, that was red hot so the brake is binding. at least I know now, just hope it's not too much money.

I spoke to mates dad about it as he used to be a mecanic and we couldn't work it out. went through a list and tried tugging on the wheel and it's solid so not the ball joints. also after about 2 hours I drove in it again and no problems so I was really stuck with ideas but on the way home the car just didnt seem right; I touched the discs when I stoped all were cold except the passengers front, that was red hot so the brake is binding. at least I know now, just hope it's not too much money.

:crybaby: If the caliper needs replacing ? then the discs will want replacing then the pads you are looking @ £900-£1000 @ Lexus. Sorry

That'll be the cost if you send it to Lexus, but if you get the parts then do them urself...it aint that hard to change disc's and pads, and as Kazi says a stuck piston in the calliper can be loosened up :winky: also with new pads n discs needed u could always upgrade :winky:

That'll be the cost if you send it to Lexus, but if you get the parts then do them urself...it aint that hard to change disc's and pads, and as Kazi says a stuck piston in the calliper can be loosened up :winky: also with new pads n discs needed u could always upgrade :winky:

probably would be £1K for that lot if I did go to lexus but I shan't as its not worth it. I droped it into my local garage that have looked after my cars before, this morning. I will find out later what the damage will be and let you know. I asumed the worst that it will be new pads and discs and reconditioned caliper or it could just be a seal kit.

Id love to upgrade but I dont have the money at the moment and I drive like a grandad at the moment so the brakes as standard are fine for me but thank you for reminding me.

That plastic part above is about £30 inc VAT from Lexus so thats pretty good. Aparently they are quite common to brake especialy when going through puddle's! ah well it's all good.

probably would be £1K for that lot if I did go to lexus but I shan't as its not worth it. I droped it into my local garage that have looked after my cars before, this morning. I will find out later what the damage will be and let you know. I asumed the worst that it will be new pads and discs and reconditioned caliper or it could just be a seal kit.

Id love to upgrade but I dont have the money at the moment and I drive like a grandad at the moment so the brakes as standard are fine for me but thank you for reminding me.

That plastic part above is about £30 inc VAT from Lexus so thats pretty good. Aparently they are quite common to brake especialy when going through puddle's! ah well it's all good.

All this was written by me! Damn Kazi left himself logged in at work again!

PS please do not think I'm schizophrenic! :lol:

Result!

I got a phonecall from my garage at 5.20 and was told the car is ready and all it was, was some grease that had hardened and stoped the caliper resetting. it was cleaned out and all was fine, no need for pads, discs or even a caliper!

Cost me an hours labour!

Just got to pick up that plastic tray from Leic on Wednesday and all will be back to it's great self.

I got home and treated the car to a wash so it's all gleaming again.

:D