Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mazda Rx-8 Wheels On Series 1 Ls400 - Anyone Fitted Them?

jemram

I bought some Mazda RX-8 wheels today without tyres. I trial fitted one to both the front and the rear. Looks like there will be no problems on the back at all. On the front, the inner edge of the rim is about 10mm from the suspension strut, and it looks like there will be enough room once the tyre is on. I cant see anywhere they are likely to rub, but has anyone fitted RX-8 wheels to a LS before?

Light sportscar wheels on a 2 tonne tank .... :unsure:

I cant see that being an issue at all. The RX8 weighs 1380kg. I cant see a fully loaded RX8 with four adults is going to be anywhere near the safe weight limit of the wheels.

Well I got them shod with Goodyear Eagle F1's, (225/40/18) fitted today and the wheels fitted to the car. I've got no clearance issues at all. The PCD is clearly the same, but so is the offset of both the standard wheels and the RX8 wheels both being ET+50. The ride quality still very good and steering feedback and grip is alot better.

Here's a picture I took on my phone (I didnt have my good camera with me!)

RX8LS400on.jpg

Looks good

Thanks. I like them because they look like factory wheels rather than aftermarket wheels (well they are, just from a Mazda factory!).

Also they are a direct fit with the same PCD and offset as the standard 15" wheels. No clearence issues at all either.

Don't forget to fit spigot rings (mazda's centre hole is bigger).

Will the offset of mazde (believe it was ET 50) won't be a problem?

Don't forget these wheels aren't cheap for no reason: they corrode even faster than lexus factory alloys.

If you for them look for the type 2 RX8 rims. They are slightly better and dont have the massive center on the inside (5 big holes are cnc'd on the inside, in this way allowing spacers to be fitted).

http://auto-diversen.marktplaats.nl/access...WL3%2F16wdLW27H

Don't forget to fit spigot rings (mazda's centre hole is bigger).

Will the offset of mazde (believe it was ET 50) won't be a problem?

Don't forget these wheels aren't cheap for no reason: they corrode even faster than lexus factory alloys.

Yes they are fitted using spigot rings.

The offset of my old standard 15" wheels is +50mm, and the offset of the Mazda Wheels is also +50, so thats not an issue.

They are in good condition now and if they do start to go a little manky I'll just get them refinished. I expect the reason they are cheap is because alot of RX8 owners are fitting aftermarket alloys.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links