Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Car Price

rush

Hi,

2 days ago we placed an order for IS250 SE-l for £33,500 at lexus brighton, we paid £5000 deposit as well and I been told we will have the car in 2 weeks time.

I have seen the same car (Brand new) for £3000 less at drivethedeal.com, should I go back to the dealer and ask for discount now? or forget about seeing the web price? what shall I do now?

Hi,

2 days ago we placed an order for IS250 SE-l for £33,500 at lexus brighton, we paid £5000 deposit as well and I been told we will have the car in 2 weeks time.

I have seen the same car (Brand new) for £3000 less at drivethedeal.com, should I go back to the dealer and ask for discount now? or forget about seeing the web price? what shall I do now?

If you're in a contract there may not be much you can do but you may not be plus (I think) all contracts have to have a cooling off period, normaly 7 days. At least ask them about it or you will kick yourself all the time about it. ring the company at drive the deal and check it all out and then go to the dealership and talk to them.

You don't get if you don't ask.

£5,000 deposit !!! :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

When I bought my new GS I gave them £500 deposit and they were lucky to get that much !!! Told them I didn't want it for three months (until March 1st) and they were fine about it !!

Was it the dealer that asked for £5,000??????

The Ed

no the dealer asked me for £500 but we paid £5000 so our monthly repayment will be low. I talked to the dealer today and they promised me some kind of discount (they going to let me know tomorrow how much discount im going to get)

I would say no, it's not aceptable. The same dealer could be selling on drivethedeal for £3k off, not they will ever admit it!

Ask for full ticket off, or go elsewhere and get the same car from another dealer for £3k off! The cooler should stated on the back of the contract/sales order!

Take the Mrs on a nice Holiday with what's saved!

PS - I managed to get the full DTD discount, and the car hadn't even been launched!

After printing out the quote from drivethedeal.com (i had to pay some money though) The dealer gave me £3000 discount. Thanks a lot for your advice guys i saved £3000 because of you.

I want to fit a dvd entertainment system for the rear passengers (mostly for my son who is 1 year and 4 months old) any advices?

thanx again guys.....

Well done on the savings mate, sod the DVD system i think you should invite the LOC for a p**s up with your new found wealth :lol:

After printing out the quote from drivethedeal.com (i had to pay some money though) The dealer gave me £3000 discount. Thanks a lot for your advice guys i saved £3000 because of you.

I want to fit a dvd entertainment system for the rear passengers (mostly for my son who is 1 year and 4 months old) any advices?

thanx again guys.....

• 3 weeks later...

thanx again guys.....

Tell him to look out of the window, enjoy the scenery

ha ha ha good one mate,

:offtopic: This is my first and 100th post here at LOC :offtopic:

:D :D :D :D

Glad to hear you got a good result.

TBH, if your son is 1yr 4 months, I wouldnt sugest a dvd type system, you may waste your money as you may sell your car before he can apriciate it. I don't know for sure though as I do not have kids, you will work something out.

:D

Well done with the discount thats a brilliant result!!

As for the DVD system I would wait until your sons a little older as previously said he won't fully enjoy just get a couple of books for now, cheaper!! :D

thnx guys

we have decided not to install any dvd players for now, went to a local car audio dealer, he said there is a special kind of wire or something is made out for the MM (you can watch movies while you drive) he is expecting delivery in june/july. I may try that route.

I mentioned about the LOC, and said if he cut the handbrake wire and the speed sensor wire from navigation it will over ride the nanny...

he said he have done that for a customer in the past and everything worked fine untill he had some electrical problem and everything gone mad (the company was recomended by the lexus dealer unofficialy).....

so he wouldnt recomend that for me. however he said there will be a solution to this in couple of months as there techies working on a pass through cable or something like it and asked me to pop in after june.

Im not sure if i can mention the companys name here but if u want it i can mail/pm u the contact detail.