Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Keyless Entry

rush

Can you programe the key fobs, so when you approach the car the memory seats are automaticaly adjust itself instead of you have to press the memory buttons on the door. eg: when i approach the car with my keys the seats set it self to my preference and when my wife approach the car it set it self to her preference.

Can you programe the key fobs, so when you approach the car the memory seats are automaticaly adjust itself instead of you have to press the memory buttons on the door. eg: when i approach the car with my keys the seats set it self to my preference and when my wife approach the car it set it self to her preference.

I am unsure, but me first thought would be how would the car know who was holding the key ? :blink:

It would be a neat trick though :)

I am unsure, but me first thought would be how would the car know who was holding the key ? :blink:

It would be a neat trick though :)

I think the suggestion was that it wouldn't care who holds the key, but rather WHICH key it was.

However therein lies the rub, since I wouldn't imagine that who holds the key, in a car with keyless entry and starting, would dictate who drives?

I'm sure it's got to be possible as every other car does it, but as seems the way with Lexus in the UK, they take all the customisation away.

Best to check with your dealer as to whether it can be done :)

Am I not right in saying that the seat etc will set itself back to the last used settings once you start the car. I know it happens in some of the older Lexus models with memory seats.

Am I not right in saying that the seat etc will set itself back to the last used settings once you start the car. I know it happens in some of the older Lexus models with memory seats.

Why would it need to do that?

I can't see how the seat wouldn't still be IN the last used setting, since... well... it was the last used setting :winky:

I can't see how the seat wouldn't still be IN the last used setting, since... well... it was the last used setting :winky:

Not really. In the LS when you turn the car off the stearing wheel moves up and away and I think the seat can move also.

I'm sure it's got to be possible as every other car does it, but as seems the way with Lexus in the UK, they take all the customisation away.

Best to check with your dealer as to whether it can be done :)

Which cars do it?

Our BMW and Merc can do it, the Merc can actually be set up inside the car. I believe newer BMWs can also be done through i-drive........

Can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure the last IS250 SE-L I had as a courtesy car had the seat slide back - but I could be confusing it with another car...... :duh:

To answer your initial question, no you cannot. To answer all the rest...the seat doesn't move when you switch off, just the steering wheel which returns to the setting of the last driver. If a different driver has programmed one of the three available positions then pressing the allocated button alters the seating and steering wheel positions to the pre-set positions (and also the door mirrors, I think..I'd go out to the car and check but it's raining and I can't be assed) :D

Passenger side operates the same way...except for steering obviously.

Thanks for your replys guys, main reason we went for se-l is it got memory seats. since my wife is short and im very tall, after she drives the car i cant even get in to the car cos she move the seats really forward. and it takes me abt 2 mins adjusting the seats mirrors steering, so the memory seats should make my life bit easier

;-)

Yes it is. Detailed out how to set this up on page 27 of the owners manual.

Yes it is. Detailed out how to set this up on page 27 of the owners manual.

It's page 22 in my manual...but have you tried it with separate settings with different keys :whistling: . I'm also tall and my wife vertically challenged, but no problem as she always drives the IS200...just a pain to alter the motorised seat in that when I drive it :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Gents

I am very surprised you are even having this debate. When I picked up my IS250 Sport the salesman set both of my keyfobs so that both myself and the beloved's keys were recognised when you approach the car. This sets the seat, door mirrors, steering wheel and stored settings in the stereo (fav station, sound settings etc). As you approach the car you can hear the car preparing the driving position in readiness for you. I have never had the need to set it myself however as I remember it was not a difficult task and I think just involved programming your requirements into one of the memory slots (1,2 or 3) by pressing the M button and the desired number simultaneously. Then you have to press the memory button and one of the buttons on the keyfob when the car is in accessory mode (first press of the start button)

You can set the memory on the stereo by assigning your settings to a memory point on the MM system. All extremely useful and as with all good pieces of technology something which just happens that you get used to very quickly. As some of you may recall I had a rear end shunt by some useless :tsktsk: driving too close. I had a Saab 9-3 as a hire car, no memory seats, no upgraded stereo, no Bluetooth, very poor quality, noisy, rattly, poor driving dynamics..........I didn't think a car could be soooo bad! Have I been spoiled forever by the Lex? My point is that the technology works brilliantly in the Lex and makes everything so easy. :D

Yes you can do this but only for for one person, which I think has to be seat position 1. I have set it up for my new IS-250. It is explained in the manual how to do this. Once it is done everything will automatically set for that driver. The only thing which is not progammable is the rear-view mirror. Very annoying as I am sure you will appreciate.

John

Gents

I am very surprised you are even having this debate. When I picked up my IS250 Sport the salesman set both of my keyfobs so that both myself and the beloved's keys were recognised when you approach the car. This sets the seat, door mirrors, steering wheel and stored settings in the stereo (fav station, sound settings etc). As you approach the car you can hear the car preparing the driving position in readiness for you. I have never had the need to set it myself however as I remember it was not a difficult task and I think just involved programming your requirements into one of the memory slots (1,2 or 3) by pressing the M button and the desired number simultaneously. Then you have to press the memory button and one of the buttons on the keyfob when the car is in accessory mode (first press of the start button)

You can set the memory on the stereo by assigning your settings to a memory point on the MM system. All extremely useful and as with all good pieces of technology something which just happens that you get used to very quickly. As some of you may recall I had a rear end shunt by some useless :tsktsk: driving too close. I had a Saab 9-3 as a hire car, no memory seats, no upgraded stereo, no Bluetooth, very poor quality, noisy, rattly, poor driving dynamics..........I didn't think a car could be soooo bad! Have I been spoiled forever by the Lex? My point is that the technology works brilliantly in the Lex and makes everything so easy. :D

I have set up the key fobs for myself and the other half which is excellent.

Is it also possible to programme individual mobile phones to connect on Bluetooth.

We both have compatible phones but it only connects to one which is fine if I'm driving but if i'm the passenger and my other halfs phone rings it isnt answered in the car.

Might have to pull out the phonebook sized handbook and have a read!!!!! :unsure: