Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need Advice/help

paraicf

Hi,

I am from Ireland and I am going to England to but an IS200, can anyone give me advice i.e. what should I expect to pay for a 2002 model, is there anything I should look out for? I have notices that a lot of cars on Exchange and Mart or Autotrader seem to have high milage, how much of an issue is this on a Lexus.

Is there any thing I should ask a seller of an IS200.

Your help and advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Paraicf

Guest inicol63
Hi,

I am from Ireland and I am going to England to but an IS200, can anyone give me advice i.e. what should I expect to pay for a 2002 model, is there anything I should look out for? I have notices that a lot of cars on Exchange and Mart or Autotrader seem to have high milage, how much of an issue is this on a Lexus.

Is there any thing I should ask a seller of an IS200.

Your help and advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Paraicf

Hi why dont you check out the guys on the forum like myself who have cars for sell.

As these are normally the best cars out there.

I think there are at least two to three on there at present time from is200 to is200se auto's

The milage issue should not be a problem if the car has been looked after and serviced.

Good luck with your search.

Price can be anything from (2202) £6500- £10,000

Ian

I'm sure you have a lovely car for sale but its a little out of my league at the moment, £13000 is not a bad price but I would have to pay around €6000 VRT when I bring it into Ireland so It makes it a dear car for me.

I'm looking for a car around 01/02 and £7000.

Rgs

Paraicf

Thanks thats a good help.

Rgs,

Paraicf

Brother,

Things to look out for:

check the lower ball joints for some reason IS's eat em for brekky. Check for binding brake calipers, again these seem to be a common problem.

If the car is a little up on miles, check that there is no red residue around the water pump.

If you're buying an example with SAT NAV, check the screen doesn't turn all different colours when the screen is fully open.

Check the cd changer in front works. Load it with 6 cd's and change discs a few times, if it comes up with ERR3 the mechanism is on the way out.

Check the alloys as the lacquer is of poor quality and road salt/grit pits the alloy.

That's as much as I can say at this moment... If anything else comes to mind I'll post it..

lol... by the way, I forgot they can be thirsty so make sure you have thought carefully before you buy!!!

I would STRONGLY recomend that you buy from one of the brothers on the forum, you can rest assure that these cars are powdered & pampered & no expense would be spared on them. All things said, they are fantastic cars & generally reliable...

Hope the info helps.

Goldie