Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Upgrade

DEANOROW

As a few of you may know i should be having my turbo fitted at the end of april :D. im just in the process of sorting out all the other bits i need to upgrade and ive been thinking about the brakes ( probably a good idea)

I now cant decide between fitting the ls400 front calpiers or just uprating whats on already e.g s/s brake lines, pads ect.

Now what do you think would be the best route to take ???

Thanks in advance

Deano

Stainless steel brake lines, mintex pads, mintex discs or which ever make you prefer.

Are these mats modified LS400 calipers?

You can go the big brake kit upgrade or LS400 calipers if you want but the above should suffice. If you do go the LS caliper route make sure your wheels spokes stick out enough to go around the calipers. Test fit before or you'll find out the hard way and have to put all the old stuff back on (happened to me with the Skyline calipers).

What power are you going for??

can offer TOM's performer pads which are really good...............would work well with my grooved discs...

Will you be doing a brake upgrade kit with your dicsc and TOM's pads and not mintex ones?

I will.

negociating with TOM's at the moment as they (pads) are a tad pricey

got the sport ones up on the website the performer are almost racing spec but the compound is not quite so noisy.... dont need to be really hot to work either :D

Stainless steel brake lines, mintex pads, mintex discs or which ever make you prefer.

Are these Mats modified LS400 calipers?

You can go the big brake kit upgrade or LS400 calipers if you want but the above should suffice. If you do go the LS caliper route make sure your wheels spokes stick out enough to go around the calipers. Test fit before or you'll find out the hard way and have to put all the old stuff back on (happened to me with the Skyline calipers).

What power are you going for??

Think im just gonna go with the uprated pads and brake lines ect for the time being, i may upgrade at a later date :winky:

I was going to source my own calipers and sort it out from there. I was looking in to the possiblity of using the adaptors that fig made for the supra TT conversion on my.is

Looking to have about 230bhp when its done.